Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice

Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Notice

Whilst out the other day I came across this notice,
/home/duncan/Desktop/notice-for-web.jpg
anyone come across this before or know the reason for it ?
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Notice

I'd hazard a guess that it's simply because video surveillance is impractical/impossible/too expensive.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

So I go there and say
"OK David Cameron cut the fence. Did you bring the gun Tony Blair? Climb through the hole in the fence Dave made Ed Miliband and take Nick Clegg with you. They will never suspect any of you"
TORPC
Grafter

Can you do their voices to a T Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

If it is United Utilities owning the land it is probably something to do with a water reservoir. Audio monitoring and audio signature detection is a cheap way of providing protection sensors to cover a large area, From the picture I'd say it is a low security fence designed to mark a boundary and to prevent access by small animal (rabbits and upwards in size). The notice is mainly F.U.D. designed to deter rather than legally required.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
pwatson
Rising Star

But rabbits etc won't understand the sign  Wink
nanotm
Pro

its just like CCTV signs, if they want to be able to use anything you say in court you have to be aware of the blanket recording, odd though that its an audio only rather than audio and visual ....
and as AA says its a lot cheaper than closed loop cctv systems
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
TORPC
Grafter

They won't be able to physically identify any of those perpetrating rabbits, to convict them for breach of the security fence to steal the carrots etc Cheesy
AFAIK there is no Paw & Rabbit voice database Roll eyes

Prosecution Elmer Fudd says

I am sure that sounds like Bugs Bunny your honour,
Defence says
Did you see Bugs Bunny anywhere near the crime
Elmer says
No but that defiantly sounds like Bugs Bunny
Your Honour says
That is not enough evidence to convict Bugs Bunny, therefore he is free to go without any charges Roll eyes

Community Veteran

Well it got my curiosity.
I Have sent an e-mail to united utilities so it will be interesting to see if I get a reply.
The fence was about 3 ft high so easy enough to get over, the fence enclosed a small area of scrub land approx 200 sq Mtrs. The only other thing were 2 large metal covers about 1 sq meter in size at ground level.
Yes there are lots of rabbits in the area but didn't spot any reading the notice or got close enough to one to ask about the notice.  Wink
Community Veteran

So if you want to nick something from there, unless you do it Chuckle Brothers style you'll be fine then?
Community Veteran

Quote from: Alex
you'll be fine then?
yes I guess you would be Fined.  Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

I wonder if this one is effective.....
Community Veteran

The attached one might be...
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Community Veteran

Not being an expert on railway signalling..... but that pic looks like it is the "back" side of the signal arm,,, ( painted white).. and therefore is ignored by approaching engine drivers.  If the red side were showing, then it would, indeed, be a " danger signal"...
however, as this signal arm has a V on it.. I suggest that the other side is, not red, but Yellow  ...  and if the Yellow side is showing then it is indicating to the driver that the next signal will be in the danger position and to start/prepare to slow down....

Example shown below.... !

Community Veteran

Saw this one at a kids "fun farm"....
be careful how you read item two ..... !.