cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notice to leave PlusNet

Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 3

Notice to leave PlusNet

How long before the end of your contract can you give notice to leave PlusNet? Roll_eyes

8 REPLIES 8
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 57

Re: Notice to leave PlusNet

Whenever you like, so long as it is a minimum of 30 days, and you are prepared to pay the exit fees, so far as I know.

John
Hero
Fixes: 9

Point 15.1 of the T&C Summary states, "If you want to end our agreement, unless you're inside the cancellation period set out in paragraph 9, you'll need to give us 14 days' notice. We'll continue to provide the services and you'll need to pay for all charges during this period."  So the notice period is still 14 days as far as I can see.  If you are migrating to the same type of service on the BT network, you shouldn't have to give notice at all, just sign up with your new provider.  The migration can't take less than ten days (presumably working days) so if you sign up with a new provider about two weeks before your PN contract ends, you may not have to pay the out-of-contract or early termination fee at all.  That's if all goes to plan, but as readers of this forum know only too well, things don't always go to plan.

Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 57

Thanks @Jonpe My memory must be going, and @Leapy sorry for duff info.

John
Hero
Fixes: 5

@Leapy 

Assuming you're intending to give notice to PN because you're taking a FTTP service from another provider as mentioned elsewhere, it might be wise to time the end of your PN service to just after your FTTP service is up and running in case there are any unexpected delays (although probably unlikely) in connecting you.

Aspiring Champion

@jab1 Thanks for the speedy reply and for setting the context 🤔

@Jonpe Thanks for the precise information 👍

@RobPN  Yes FFTP is main driver.

If PN did FFTP, I would rethink it as over my five years with PN, things have only got better and the value for money has been good and this forum is excellent 🙂

My current PN contract has now dropped the linesaver disccount so, I'm paying normal line rental (£27.99) until March 21, when the  current 18 months ends. Cry

The current BT offer of FFTP is £29.99, so for an extra £2, I would have quantum leap in up and down speeds (currently down around 75Mb and 15Mb up).Wink

You make a good point about cancelling when the replacment FFTP is live and I neetd to think about that as I plan to keep the same landline phone number and also if my PN mobile sim contract changes tooRoll_eyes

Meanwhile, I've just joined the BT forum (the PN one is so much better) to ask some questions.🤔

for an extra £2 a month.for an extra £2 a month.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 165

You make a good point about cancelling when the replacment FFTP is live and I neetd to think about that as I plan to keep the same landline phone number and also if my PN mobile sim contract changes tooRoll_eyes

its going to be difficult to retain your existing number with Bt and keep the PN service active. As soon as your number ports to Bt it will cease your Plusnet services.

Hero
Fixes: 5

@MisterW wrote:

its going to be difficult to retain your existing number with Bt and keep the PN service active. As soon as your number ports to Bt it will cease your Plusnet services.

That's true, but an option would be to take the new BT FTTP service with or without a new number***, then port the existing number to a VoIP company after the FTTP is working, which would, as you say, terminate the PN service.

That might even be a safer way of keeping the existing number as I read a thread recently about someone in a situation where BT were saying they couldn't port a number (which had with BT for 50 40+years) over to Digital Voice (the latest method of BT providing a telephone line).

I'll see if I can find that thread and post back with a link.

Edit: Link - https://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4668194-re-its-arrived-hit-a-glitch.html

Edit 2: *** It's now possible to order FTTP from BT without taking a phone service.

Edit 3: Link - https://www.bt.com/broadband/broadband-without-landline

Aspiring Champion

@MisterW  Thanks Thumbs_Up

@RobPN Thanks Thumbs_Up

I know four people in my short road, that have switched to the BT service and most found the outage quite short, apart from the person that never got the BT hub and was disconnected from the phone and internet for two days. 🤔

On the point of no landline, the cost is the same, with or witout a landline and although I don't really make calls on it, and the phone has BT's auto call filter and blocker, I do get the odd genuine call from people that still only have my landline phone number.