Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

Note to Jaguar Land-Rover .......

16 REPLIES 16
TTman
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Note to Jaguar Land-Rover .......

@shutter  Toyota have had a hydrogen car on sale for a few years now and last month brought out a new model..£60000 for the top of the range version. They gave Jeremy Clarkson one when they first brought it out! Unfortunately  it hasnt  blown him up yet!!! Down side is according to report in paper only SIX places in uk to refill it as yet!!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Not forgetting the British R101 of course where even more people died.

Remember one of our teachers in school telling us about it as he was in France just before the last war and witnessed the disaster. You'd have thought that after the Hindenburg lessons would have been learned, but obviously not enough.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 7

@TTman wrote:

... Down side is according to report in paper only SIX places in uk to refill it as yet!!

Slightly OT, but demonstrates the infallibility of some of these early-adopters ...

Electric Coach Beached in Cornwall on Zero Carbon Tour

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 52

@RobPN  Yeah.. I saw that news report yesterday, ... and was trying to think of some suitable "headline" for a thread...

only thing I could think of,   Hope they didn`t have return tickets...  as now,... the passengers have been Over charged... unlike the bus !

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Amazing they do not have a few charging points at the Eden Project as I would have thought the place was very conscious about the environment.

Not the only place short of charging points the further north you go the less you see of them.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
RobPN
Hero

@gleneagles wrote:

Amazing they do not have a few charging points at the Eden Project as I would have thought the place was very conscious about the environment.

Apparently they do have CPs at the EP.  The bus visited several locations with different types of CP, but there were, shall we say, 'incompatibilities'. Roll_eyes  

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 80

Good job you only get one type of nozzle per fuel type on pumps, and they fit all filler inlets.

John
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 32

One would have thought that lessons had been learned from when mobile phones had different charging connectors, but apparently there are currently at least five different EV connectors.

The Internet gave us access to everything; but it also gave everything access to us.
James Veitch

ADSL2+   Billion 7800N
jab1
Seasoned Hero

Only five, @198kHz ? - I'm amazed there is one per 'badge' - or 'marque'.

John
Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

That bus business read like a wind up t'me given that you can charge some vehicles direct from the mains. That's not beyond reasonable that they could have had some sort of adaptor, and has nobody heard of extension leads?

Takes some sort of clown to drive a very expensive bus that far only to find you cannot charge it up - if that did indeed happen.

Not buying is sorry. 🤔

Thomas A. Edison
RobPN
Hero

@jab1 wrote:

Good job you only get one type of nozzle per fuel type on pumps, and they fit all filler inlets.

Some people still manage to 'mis-fuel' their vehicle though @jab1  Azn

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@RobPN 

Err, yep.

Been there done that. 😧

Thomas A. Edison
jab1
Seasoned Hero

@RobPN wrote:

@jab1 wrote:

Some people still manage to 'mis-fuel' their vehicle though @jab1  Azn

they do - because they are too thick (sorry @Minivanman ) - it is hard work getting a diesel nozzle in a petrol tank filler, and the other way round, I suspect, but haven't heard anyone filling a diesel with petrol - personally.

John
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

@jab1  I thought the diesel nozzle was bigger and while you might get some fuel in to an older petrol vehicle, the vast majority would spill back out due to the metal flap further in not being opened by the nozzle. Mind you easier to do with a diesel vehicle.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?