Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seen this Royal Mail phishing email before

Fixes: 125

Not seen this Royal Mail phishing email before

Received the following email:

Capture.JPG

Quite convincing (English seems ok) except for the Dear Customer and the links doen't go to the Royal Mail.

Oh, yes, I don't have a card registeredWink

Edit: Added email to the title.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Not seen this Royal Mail phishing email before

Somebody mention fishing? ..Oh, that sort of phishing. Seems good enough but have you sent a copy of it by email to Royal Mail to see if it's a con? They might not know about it.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
Fixes: 125

All their pages regarding scam emails tell you to go to the Contact Us page from a link at the bottom of the current page.

Couldn't find anything there about where to report it. I did find the following email address (scam.mail@royalmail.com) but that seems to be related to snail mail.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Pete11
Pro
Fixes: 3

Yep, you're right. There doesn't seem to be an email option. I just clicked the ;'Contact Us' link and it seems it's snail mail or phone.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.