Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not long to go now ?

Lægen
Aspiring Pro

Not long to go now ?

MyLongevity life expectancy calculator.

Here we ask you to input some demographic and health information.

This information is used in our calculations to find your life expectancy.

https://mylongevity.org/calculator

I've got ages yet.......

34 REPLIES 34
Champnet
Champion
Fixes: 7

Re: Not long to go now ?

The Website has ceased to be....

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Don't pay much mind to these sort of things but here's the first one from a google search.

It's from the US unsurprisingly so even more reason to ignore it... plus it did not ask me about my weekend base jumping hobby.

Oh yes, I'm 73 now and it tells me I will make it to 86 - but that would be assuming I do not fall off the edge of a cliff first. 

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 47

Live for today... for tomorrow, you may regret that you didn`t .... Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman wrote:

assuming I do not fall off the edge of a cliff first. 

It’s another 120 days until we all do that.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Ah now that is true @shutter although these days I tend to stick to pottering in the garden, or finding a new tune to pick out on my guitar. I also avoid as best I can watching the BBC news in order to keep my blood pressure down.

Nothing worse than something half baked, ill informed and biased to boot trying to wind you up is there. 

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

@Minivanman wrote:

Don't pay much mind to these sort of things but here's the first one from a google search.

It's from the US unsurprisingly so even more reason to ignore it... plus it did not ask me about my weekend base jumping hobby.

Oh yes, I'm 73 now and it tells me I will make it to 86 - but that would be assuming I do not fall off the edge of a cliff first. 

I don't pay any attention to them, @Minivanman - they usually have no logical basis, and can't take into account your individual circumstances.

I think I'll have more chance of falling off a cliff than you, though - not long before I go down south and weather permitting, I'll be having a walk along the coastal path between Brighton and Eastbourne.😀

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman wrote:

Nothing worse than something half baked, ill informed and biased to boot trying to wind you up is there. 

Irony alert!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@jab1 

Sounds good and what, at least an hours walk?

Should be a nice day for it. Enjoy. 👍

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman wrote:

I also avoid as best I can watching the BBC news in order to keep my blood pressure down.

Have you considered sending them an unsolicited and aggressive personal message? Asking for a friend...

gleneagles
Community Veteran
Fixes: 16

Many of us will have known people who were quite fit suddenly finding they had something that shortened their life by many years.

So for most people it’s impossible to predict when your last day will be, there will be a number of people across the world who will not be aware today will be their last day irrespective of age.

Life for me is about quality, enjoying each day and having the freedom to choose how you spend your time, once that ceases then I will be glad to go......hopefully that will not be for some time.

We are born into history and history is born into us.
RobPN
Hero
Fixes: 5

@gleneagles wrote:

So for most people it’s impossible to predict when your last day will be, there will be a number of people across the world who will not be aware today will be their last day irrespective of age.

You're quite right @gleneagles  but to take that a stage further there will be a number of people who will not be aware that yesterday was their last day, so as you say, live for today and ignore things that don't matter.

gleneagles
Community Veteran

@jab1 

Love walking myself as long as it’s out in the country or where there is good scenery with few people about, hope the weather keeps ok for you.

gleneagles
Community Veteran

@RobPN wrote:

@gleneagles wrote:

You're quite right @gleneagles  but to take that a stage further there will be a number of people who will not be aware that yesterday was their last day, so as you say, live for today and ignore things that don't matter.

@RobPN 

Very true and to expand on the last bit.....,’Ignore things that don’t matter.eg: In particular the well known wind up posters on this forum.

😀

jab1
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 73

@Minivanman wrote:

@jab1 

Sounds good and what, at least an hours walk?

Should be a nice day for it. Enjoy. 👍

A bit longer than an hour, I'm staying with friends the other side of Hove, and I usually stop for a coffee a couple of times.

Always enjoy it, even though I've been going for about 15 years now.

John