cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not having much luck these days

Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Not having much luck these days

Ordered 2 x 0.25m catv cables along with 2x catv extenders. (different suppliers)
What did I get?
1st delivery 2x 2.5M cables responded and was told wrong thing sent, new cables will be sent, with return enveolpe.
2nd delivery got 2x 1M cables!!!!  Crazy
Now they say the 0.25M cables are OOS  Angry
The extenders I got ONE instead of the ordered 2!
On Monday I ordered some home-brew materials, expecting delivery yesterday (2 days delivery was normal) so I could brew today... Yesterday got a note saying it had JUST BEEN SENT!  Angry Angry Roll eyes
And this is from UK companies  Roll eyes  Crazy Crazy
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Not having much luck these days

Ooops  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Me - I must have done somthing
ordered some maps via Tinternet at 7:40 this morning, paid via paypal, got the recept within 30 seconds
Got confitmation of order within two minutes, you have to then send off the list of maps, realized I have sent off the wrong file sent another and replied to 7.25 e-mail
got the maps for the correct set at 8:25, now all on mobile and working  and that is an English company
Hi Pierre,
I think this is the right file, if not let me know. The map is ready to download from:
http://maps.viewranger.com/maps/110908Pierre.zip
(79.6MB)
This map uses the same license key as your other maps. If this isn't what you require let me know and I'll send a new serial number.
The latest software is available from
http://www.viewranger.com/software

pierre_pierre
Grafter

@Sprite
you have given away your old identity, hows Kent?
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@Pierre_Pierre he gave away his Identity ages ago Grin Cant fool me Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

A well cars are a different matter totally, I don't have the £££'s to service mine any more + the fact I have now done 115K on it  Cheesy It was serviced by a Ford main agent  Lips are sealed One time the put a "new tune" on the engine 2 days later, it stalls on me and when I start it up it sounds like it has a load of bolts loose in the cylinders. Took it back to the garage on the Monday, and their ONLY lap top that had the tunes in it was off being repaired. So I leave it for a week (got a "loan" car, and old Toyota, weird thing to drive) and they eventually fix the issue (It had "lost" the tune, what is it a guitar?)  
Same car under warranty, coming back from a w/e away, coming up the A68 in the middle of nowhere, it just stops, won’t restart. Call out Green Flag, and diagnosed as a collapsed turbo hose  Shocked Back to the garage on the Monday for repair. This was when I was doing 25K/year commuting and spending £100's of pounds on servicing a year (2-3 services a year at £200-£400 a time) + tyres etc.
These days my car is a luxury that I can't really afford (£40/ month just to sit outside) but without it we would be worse of as public transport is virtually non existent round here.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Yep.. expensive lumps of metal aren't they.. but as you say public transport is useless these days.
Didn't Dr Beeching claim that by cutting down the trains the busses would be able to cover the public transport more than adequately?
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!