cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with your up-to 100 Meg FTTP broadband?

hmarshy
Grafter

Not happy with your up-to 100 Meg FTTP broadband?

Another BT <a href="http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4809-bt-announce-300meg-speeds-for-ftth-in-the-spring.html">announcement</a>
For those of us that now have the infrastructure in place, I guess we can volunteer ourselves for the up-to 300 Meg trials!!  Cheesy
20 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

Re: Not happy with your up-to 100 Meg FTTP broadband?

We've not made any plans to accommodate any trials for this yet but we always endeavour to offer new products like this on a trial basis where we can so do watch this space...
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jonnywishbone
Grafter

I have gone dizzy with excitement Cheesy
bigladuk
Grafter

Book me in. :-)
I love trials.
I assume to offer 300mg nothing would need to be changed in the home unless the ONT ports only support 100mb but I suspect they will be 1gb each so come on, just turn it on in the exchange...100MB ISN'T FAST ENOUGH LOL
jonnywishbone
Grafter

This announcement from BT is spreading like wildfire.
Would I be right to assume that if and when PN get involved you will report back in this thread?
I for one would like to express my desire to become the first on the trial this time as a way of saying thanks for all my referrals!!!
bigladuk
Grafter

Hold your horses Mr Wishbone, I asked first LOL
Just doing the maths, I have 4 active lines running 100mg on each so if we up them to 300mg that would give me 1.2gb down....OMG !!!!!
Si
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Si,
Last one to get theres turned up buys the other a pint down the swan in mk village!
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Stop posting at the same time as me!
bigladuk
Grafter

Your on.
And you stop posting at the same time as me.
If we had faster BB this won't happen LOL
jonnywishbone
Grafter

That is the funniest post on these forums bar none!
bigladuk
Grafter

@ Dave and Adam
Call BT now and say you have 2 willing Volunteers to try it out, they could just turn it on this afternoon :-)
@ JWB
How you loving the 100mb ? I think I'm going to get my house flood wired for Cat5e so I can distribute 1gb rather than the rubbish 100mb all the rooms have
Si
jonnywishbone
Grafter

I have already started putting in wired connections with cat5, but think I might upgrade to cat6!
I have bucket loads of RJ45 wall plates, loads of cat 5 and a krone tool if you need any help?
The only thing letting me down is my wifi routers for my apple devices but one cannot complain too much!
bigladuk
Grafter

I have used my internal phone wiring ( lazy I know ) which gives me a face plate in every room and 100mb but I'd like to replace all that with Cat5e ( or 6) and rather than a loop around the house's internal walls, I'd like all the faceplates to return the attic where I can mount  a patch panel, my servers and routers.
I'm not sure what wireless router you have but the Airport extreme works brilliantly with all my apple devices ( we mainly have apple hardware ) but it's situated in the front corner of the house so suffer with signal strength when we are the other side of the house. I've added another router and second internet connection via the internal wiring in my office which is in the middle of the house so get decent coverage everywhere.
For speed though I simply plug in my MBP to the router and get full 1gb data through put.
How did you do yours ? Drop the wires down from the attic inside the walls ?
Si
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Moved to Chit Chat as this is no longer relevant to the trials board
jonnywishbone
Grafter

Chit chat, grrrr
We only went slightly off topic.
My fttp is installed in my detached single garage (office/cinema) situated in my back garden. I replaced the bt extension points in both the garage and the spare room in the house with rj45 boxes and run cat5 between them. The main router is in the garage and i have another wirless n router connected to that via the LAN in the house like i just desrcibed to give me coverage throughout the house.
Ps3, laptop, xbox, apple tv, onlive micro-console all hardwired but ipad and iphones rely on wireless (obviously)!
The best i can get running speedtest.net on my apple devices is 20mbs down but always 15mbs up. What does the airport extreme give you?
I am currently deliberating a NAS device to stream to apple tv2, ipad 2 and games consoles but budget is always a limiting factor and 1080p is a must!