cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not THAT good a Samaritan!

Fixes: 125

Not THAT good a Samaritan!

'I'm a good Samaritan... but not THAT good!' Woman returns lost bag with note telling owner she has ...
A couple who lost a bag at an airport were shocked when the finder posted it back to them a few days later - but kept their digital camera 'as a reward'.
Jeremy and Sally Weaving were delighted that someone had taken the trouble to find their address and pop their items in the mail.
But their joy turned to shock when they discovered the female sender had decided to keep their camera as a reward.

Although I don't agree with it I did give a wry smirk at the audacity of the finder.
Perhaps this should have been posted in Moral Question Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Not THAT good a Samaritan!

What a cheek.  As you say, the audacity of it.
Fixes: 47

About 30 years ago when I did a bit of pot-holing We had been down a pot and came out to the car and were about to change out of our boiler suits when we decided to visit another pot nearby.
We jumped in the car leaving my jeans containing my wallet on the grass at the back of the car.
After visiting the second pot I noticed my missing jeans and we went back to find them but they were gone.
A few days later I received a parcel from Manchester containing my jeans complete with wallet minus 40p postage charge.
There was nothing inside to identify the kind honest person.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
pierre_pierre
Grafter

In the good old days, coming back from a holiday in Spain, landed at Gatwick, my mother was meeting us outside, Me, struggling with the SWMBO, the cases, a bag with assorted Tourist tat and two youngsters.,
Got nearly to the Dartford crossing and I said where is the toot bag, I cant see it.  As the fuel was cheaper then, we turned round and went back to Gatwick  - The bag was stiil on the floor by the exit door.
Can you imagine that with current security