Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Not Again :(

NO words Sad

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43066226

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: Not Again :(

The gun industry over there will once again argue that it is important not to ban guns so that people can defend themselves against things like this.

So how well did that work out for the students here who were not able to defend themselves? It's a pathetic excuse by a twisted industry.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Sadly this will continue and even get worse as time goes on.

If they did decide to ban all guns in the US there are so many out there it would be years before any reduction in these incidents took place.

Anyone with enough money can buy a gun irrespective of any ban and the ones who would do that are usually those dealing in illegal substances.

I suspect it would be impossible to ban guns in every state in America as so many would refuse to give them up and it would be impossible to jail everybody. There are some groups in America that are very paranoid about their government and might well decide to fight it out than give up their weapons....remember Waco ?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Take away the guns, the lunatics will just use knives, take away the knives, they'll use garden tools, take away the garden tools, they'll use pointy sticks, doesn't matter how far you go to take weapons away from them, the nutcases will still find ways to kill others...

It's a sad way to look at things, but as the old saying goes, guns don't kill people, people kill people... Sad

DaveyH
Seasoned Pro

Nothing will change so long as politicians remain in the pockets of the NRA 

https://qz.com/1207851/parkland-shooting-the-nra-and-gun-lobby-invested-millions-in-trump-and-other-...

DaveyH
Seasoned Pro

Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Under the circumstances these two links should be removed...............

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

tgr
Grafter

Whilst in the British army i met many Americans who although very nice always seemed to me to be very naive and even childlike and obsessed with guns so nothing they do surprises me  and i am sure it will just continue the only good thing is that the guy in the case will not get a slap on the wrist but a really tough sentence such as 99 years in a tough jail when hopefully he will learn how useless he is and will be ostracized with prisoners who may just teach him lessons for the rest of his wretched life. Thank good we have stricter gun controls in this country

tgr
Grafter

at least if they use knives which i don't agree with obviously at least with a knife in their hands it is extremely difficult to kill a lot of people

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

the relevant amendment to the USA Constitution says: ...A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State...

I see no problem in citizens being able to own personal weapons, provided those weapons are held in a secure Militia weapons magazine and only released during training or on active service. In fact there used to be a right to bear arms in Great Britain granted in the 1689 Bill of Rights.

Now Zen, but a +Net residue.