Did you mean: 

North Pole Pic

Community Veteran

Re: North Pole Pic

The relationship between those pictures and cameras is tenuous
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

On my "other" computer I use a desktop pic of the 200" Hale telescope at the Mt Palomar observatory. Can't remember where I found it, probably the Palomar website (worth a look)
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

wow, what a monster Smiley
On my main PC I use webshots as my desktop and I get a different picture every 20 seconds. The whole of the gallery is of shots from  American States and they are really beautiful and remind me of the US when I'm not there  Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Indeed artmo, Difficult to remember it was in 1928 when money was first raised to build this telescope but, wasn't until 1948 that it was first used "in anger" (the second world war delayed construction) the man who dedicated his life to building telescopes George Ellery Hale didn't live to see the completion of this his greatest achievement.
If you're interested in the story behind the raising of finance, production of the mirror and mounting then "The Perfect Machine" is essential definitive reading (available from Amazon)
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Did I not see another hoax which indicated that Mars would appear anytime now to rival the moon in diameter as viewed from earth?Huh
Perspective works most of the time !!
colintivy Smiley
Community Veteran

Yes, you are right.  We had the mars one some weeks ago.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did you hear they have found water on mars?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2633/3797695740_a22e77ba49_o.jpg