cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Jobs

Community Veteran

Non-Jobs

Another good idea -get rid of the non-jobs in local government.  A lot of money is wasted on creating jobs that are not essential to the running of our local councils.  The government is going to make councils more accountable in future.

non-jobs
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Non-Jobs

I seem to recall that Deputy PM has for many years been regarded as a non-job.  Grin  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Maybe they'll get rid of him in due course.  Some deputy PMs have done a worthwhile job like Michael Hesletine for example Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: HPsauce
I seem to recall that Deputy PM has for many years been regarded as a non-job.  Grin  Roll eyes

@HP very good
What is the best/worst non job in your area.
Noticed Chesterfield Council (Not sure if it was the BC or NE Derbyshire) were advertising a couple of weeks ago for 5 x trampoline trainers.
Community Veteran

No idea in my area, though we did once have an amusing advert in the local paper for an English teacher at a local "Grammer" school.
(probably down to the staff at the paper)
A lot of the so-called "joke" jobs sound, on second thought, probably sensible.
After all, for example, many councils run sports & leisure centres etc. and provide classes, safety staff etc. etc.
We often forget just how much local councils do (and legally HAVE to do) for us.
The one about "street naming executives" did sound a bit barmy though........ Crazy