cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noddy's parking space

Fixes: 125

Noddy's parking space

Is it a Toy-ota? Australian family with no motor use space for a kiddy's car - just because they can
The owners of this parking space are clearly loathe to let their neighbours take advantage of a vacant spot.
So much so they've chosen to 'park' a child's toy car in the designated space outside their Australian home to prevent other drivers from sneaking into their slot.
A sign has even been attached to the red and yellow plastic vehicle as a warning to any frustrated residents who might be tempted to simply wheel the tiny car out of their way.

I must admit that if I was paying for a parking space I wouldn't want anyone else to use it.
But if they haven't got a car why not just relinquish it and let someone else pay for it's use?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: Noddy's parking space

Or auction it on a monthly basis and donate the money to charity
Community Veteran

Not very neighbourly IMO.
kmilburn
Grafter

Good to see the Daily Mail are up to there usual reporting standards,  as well as all the lemming like news agencies that seem to be reporting it too.
I'm sure this story has been posted on here before,  I tried searching,  but....
However,  this page has the same story,  from August 2011.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Quote from: artmo
Not very neighbourly IMO.

What isn't? Blocking their own space to prevent others using it without permission OR the neighbours who try to use it without permission?
If its the latter I agree with you. Having had this happen to us a few times with our own neighbours it's a PITA and a menace.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

They may not have a car but that doesn't mean that they'll never need a parking space for visitors or people doing work on on the house. If the space is unused neighbours may take it over and it will be unavailable when it is required by its owners.