Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody else has mentioned them yet...

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Nobody else has mentioned them yet...

Oxfam that is.

So after all the other sleaze scandals that keep coming up over the years we now have one of our largest and (apparently) respectable charities dragged into it too. Not only that but they've also apparently (DM article claim) had incidents in their stores of staff harassing people and now a whistleblower has claimed that none of their volunteers have ever been checked out for criminal records etc (in fairness i doubt many charities would put volunteers through that).

So after the orgies that have been paid for by public donations, governments and even fruit juice sales has come to light, can we trust anyone in any industry / high ranking position?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
23 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: Nobody else has mentioned them yet...

wrote:

So after the orgies that have been paid for by public donations, governments and even fruit juice sales has come to light, can we trust anyone in any industry / high ranking position?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, you can't trust anyone with power, cos they're probably abusing it already and we don't even know it... Smiley

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Just another reason to stop foreign Aid , and start spending some here in the UK Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Fixes: 301

It’s not allowed to criticise the darling of the Left, didn’t you know Roll eyes

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

But isn't it normal that people visiting a country for a long time tend to go "native".

Do things that may be considered nothing out of the ordinary there but frowned upon here.

I'm pretty sure child rape is frowned upon in most places.

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dvorak

While I am aware that there have been accusations of child rape, I have yet to see any evidence of that. Do you have such evidence, or are you just joining in the mud-slinging?

I'm not sure I'm slinging mud? I stated that child rape is frowned upon in most places.
Do you disagree?

Community Veteran

wrote:
child rape

Who mentioned that?

Apart from you.

There are allegations that some of the prostitutes were under the age of consent.

Community Veteran

That may be so but I'm still not sure how that relates to my post.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Locals apparently named the property concerned the whorehouse.

There appears to be plenty of witnesses to it all.

As dvorak says, the simple fact is that whatever the conclusion of this issue, child rape in any country is usually heavily frowned on (and yes i seem to recall suggestions that there were underage girls involved though i can't remember where i read it).

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!

@billnotben because you mentioned things happened that might not be frowned upon. I'm merely pointing out that actually, yes things could have happened that are very frowned upon.  

Community Veteran

Yes I understand that part so I'll leave it there and refrain from plucking a list of things to be frowned upon from thin air.

nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

the problem with the Oxfam scandal is this isn't the first time even wiht the same charity group in the same country.... there was a similar story back in 2010 again in hati and there have been several others over the years, most of them seem to have the exact same effect, a few high profile leadership members resign and it all dies down....

i doubt this will be any different unless someone actually starts taking an axe to the abomination that is oxfam

just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you