cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No strings attached

Fixes: 123

No strings attached

First glimpse of  the Tracy boys in the forthcoming Thunderbirds reboot.
The 26-episode show, Thunderbirds Are Go!, is due to air this spring using a blend of computer-generated animation technology and traditional live action models.

Fans are complaining that they look more like a boy band.
I recently watched all original 32 episodes in 720p. They did look good except the strings were more noticeable - but wasn't that part of the charm?
One thing I did notice was that it seemed more violent than I remembered - even the Tracy boys killed. Still a great part of my childhood although I can't say I'm looking forward to the reboot.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: No strings attached

I too enjoyed the original series but the recent film a few years back although entertaining just didn't have the same charm.
No idea about the new series though i noticed ITV promoting it at unusual hours like 11pm in the ad breaks - somewhat strange (even irresponsible) considering it's supposed to be a kids show that will be broadcast in kids waking hours.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Fixes: 123

the 2004 film was a great disappointment to me as so much had been changed from the original. I agree, though, it was entertaining - to a point. Directed by Jonathan Frakes of Star Trek TNG fame.
It used to be a Sunday afternoon ritual to watch Thunderbirds after dinner, I think it started at 4pm. One Sunday I was so excited that another episode was scheduled earlier in the day just to find out it was a WWII film Cry

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

If it's done to the same standard as the all cgi Captain Scarlet. I don't see this as being a bad thing.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)