Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No, no dont barcode the babies

WildRose52
Grafter

No, no dont barcode the babies

I despair with this :
Newborn babies to get BAR CODES instead of handwritten name tags
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/child_health/article7105626.ece
Of course, we could all say: `oh that`s a wonderful idea`
After all: no one wants to be taking home the wrong baby.
However, and if we go back 7 years, to SPAIN rather than the U.K, we will see that this
sort of barcode technology has far greater implications.
Barcodes 'stop baby mix-ups'
Wednesday, 22 January, 2003, 01:22 GMT
Barcodes containing newborn babies' fingerprints are being used to prevent mix-ups
over identification.
The system has been introduced in the maternity unit of La Zarzuela Hospital in Madrid, Spain.
As soon as babies are born their fingerprints, and those of their mothers, are stored in
electronic barcodes which mother and baby wear on their wrists.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/2680249.stm
As it says:  these fingerprints are on a BARCODE....
but I would imagine that these said barcodes must be on a system.
Spain appears to be ahead of the UK and U.S. with all this RFID technology.
It was Spain too, where 6 years or so ago, they were microchipping club goers - with the promise
that they`d get VIP treatment in the bar by using the microchip`s cashless technology.
66 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: No, no dont barcode the babies

What a good idea! That will stop mothers with an ugly baby choosing a nicer looking one before they go home.
Even better why don't we have a bar code tattooed on at birth and a microchip inserted too. Then we will know who is who for identification purposes and I am sure it will work out cheaper than the new identity card.
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: WildRose52

As it says:  these fingerprints are on a BARCODE....
but I would imagine that these said barcodes must be on a system.

They can fit a lot of information on a 3d barcode, so the information could be stored on the barcode.
nadger
Rising Star

Just looking at some of my hospital wristbands from last year and these are barcoded but I don't recall anyone actually scanning them.
WildRose52
Grafter

I dont agree with it.
I will NEVER agree with it.
Nor would I ever agree to being fingerprinted /barcoded or microchipped.
I have been watching this RFID agenda for something like 6 years now.
I do know where it is leading to.
When I first went on the internet around 7 years ago, I was on aol, and I used
to exchange emails & chat with a guy who was in Detroit in the U.S.
He used to send me loads of info.
Unfortunately, however, Ive got to admit that I was not very open back then to
taking any of his info seriously.
In fact, it would probably be true to say:  I thought he`d lost the plot!  So I just
stopped communicating with him.
About 6 months later however, I came across a news article which told how
the VeriChip Company were offering to microchip club-goers in a night club
in Spain.    THIS now spurned my interest, because my now ex-contact in the
States had mentioned about microchips. 
From this point on I started to do my own research, and I came across an
author who had written a book all about VeriChip and microchips.
By now I was discovering more & more about it and was deeply regreting
having so wrecklessly disbelieved my U.S. contact in Detroit.
From that day to this I have never ceased from watching this agenda, and
in the last few months its been escalating at an alarming speed.
I am dismayed, but not surprised, when they talk about putting a barcode on
a baby`s wrist or ankle.
A baby is NOT a product.    I believe this to be very wrong indeed.
As for a Spanish maternity ward going so far as to take a new baby`s fingerprints,
then all I can say is :  shame on them.    A baby is not a criminal, and should not
be fingerprinted.
It is only a matter of time before all this RFID technology catches up with all the rest
of us.
The Biometric passports & I.D.cards in 2012 will, I believe, lead to the microchipping
of everyone.
More of their `problem, reaction, solution`.....
The PROBLEM will be :  that passports & I.D.cards can get lost /cloned /destroyed.
The REACTION (from the public) will be :  Our data is not safe.
The SOLUTION (from tptb)  will be :  Microchips containing your data will be safer -
you carry it around on the implanted chip in your arm.  It cannot get lost /cloned nor
stolen.
For anyone who happens to be interested (but no pressure, its your choice whether
to access this info)  then I would offer you this :-
http://www.wethepeoplewillnotbechipped.com/main/articles.php?article_id=31
and :
Interview with Greg Nikolettos
http://www.trunews.com/Audio/4_23_10_friday_trunews2.mp3
The interview with Greg Nikolettos starts around 33.45 mins
Greg related last night how the new Health Care Bill in Australia requires ALL
Australian`s to have a unique `16 digit number`..... in order to access Healthcare.
That`s the same as what the U.S. is doing.
and what is more :  VeriChip`s microchips will carry a 16 digit unique I.D. number.
(VeriChip amalgamed some time ago with a company called Positive I.D. - and they
are now known by that name)
He also stated how, in India they are tying this in with the Banking system as well.
Much of the RFID technology is being tested in 3rd world countries at the moment.
Interestingly he gave NO mention to the UK and how everyone`s private Medical
Health Records are currently being uploaded to the NHS `spine database` without
their knowing, and without their consent.
I would assume that he had not been made aware of what is being done here in
the U.K.
I have no doubt in the near future, we too will be allocated a 16 digit unique number
in order to access Healthcare.
There is alot more to all of this, but Ive been out since lunchtime, and I`m not long since
back in, and I`m absolutely shattered right now.
Gotta make the most of all this sunshine while it lasts  Grin

itsme
Grafter

How have we jumped from barcodes to your pet subject RFID's?
I have several RFID's cards and a Swatch watch with a RFID and these have a unique 23 digit number, not 16, and they are called ski passes.
It's been a few years since I last looked up the specifications for the IC (integrated circuit) used in RFID's so cannot recall the exact specification for the embedded number and it's too late at night to do so but I would imagine that the ski passes use the unique embedded number and not a programmable one.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

about time WR52 had another lie down, gone bonkers again
WildRose52
Grafter

Itsme,
With all due respect, if you read the BBC article I posted about how they barcoded
babies in Spain 7 years ago (also taking the fingerprints of both babies & mothers)
then clearly this shows how we got from barcodes to RFID.
Fingerprinting is the taking & storing of biometrics.& the RFID technology is used for
doing that  (so no topic change at all)
One of the things I find most difficult whenever I try to explain any of this biometric /RFID
material is because the entire thing is like one big giant octopus - and from that springs
many tentacles.    If it were possible for me to make a graph in picture format (so that I
could post it)  then I`m sure it would be easier for me than my struggling to explain, and
also easier for others to see a clearer picture of what I`m trying to say.
After all, if the person doing the explaining finds it difficult (i.e. me) then it wouldnt be wrong
to assume that those who read would find it just as difficult.
Not only that, but even I admit the entire thing sounds very sci-fi / far fetched.
Who would have thought 10 years ago that the day would come when we would be reading
that babies would be barcoded?
If anyone had said that to me 10 years ago I`m sure I would have done what Pierre has just
said and told them :  `I think you need to go & have a lie down`
As I admitted in my OPost I was 7 years at the stage where any mention of microchipping
convinced me that the person talking about it was batty / lost the plot etc etc.
A little research, of course, soon made me see that it was me that was wrong.
All I can say, therefore, is (and I say this with the greatest of respect) :  if ppl do research this
topic they will find there is truth in what I`m telling you.  I have no desire to lie to anyone.
I would only be wasting my own time & energy if I did that.
You might find the link below to be a good starting point :
http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?cat=26
That covers a whole range of how & where the biometric /rfid technology is being thrust upon
us.    Barcoding little babies is only the tip of the iceberg.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

that BBC article is a bit short on the method and more than a few years old
Wednesday, 22 January, 2003, 01:22 GMT
Barcodes 'stop baby mix-ups'
I would think, intelligently reading the article the Baby just has a tag with the bar code which than goes to a file with the other details on it.
There are more than enough wrong babies going to wrong families and it about time people like you grew up
My 94 year old mother was in Bury St Edmunds hospital recently and she had a bar code tag on her wrist, good idea as she has short term memory loss
and roll on the day when all patients are bar coded, to many incorrect operations on the wrong leg etc
pierre_pierre
Grafter

going back to your first link.  You just publish rubbish for the sake of it
An NHS hospital has become the first in the country to issue all new born babies with bar codes instead of traditional handwritten tags.
Kettering General Hospital’s maternity unit has introduced the system to end mistakes caused by the illegible handwriting of medical staff.
Now all newborns are getting a personal bar code strapped on their ankles which midwives zap with a scanner to read the baby’s details.
Medical staff can find the child’s name, date of birth, national insurance number and name of the mother in a matter of seconds. They can also trace blood samples at the press of a button via a regional laboratory that tests for conditions such as sickle cell disease and cystic fibrosis.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

ignore repeated
Community Veteran

We don't need barcodes.... ear tagging will do.... of course to the latest EU specification that includes one tag with a chip.
WildRose52
Grafter

Okay, I have a question Pierre.
Do you not feel that whether its barcoding & scanning babies OR whether its fingerprinting
children for their meals in schools - that all these things are just intended to get people
accustomed to the idea of being scanned like a supermarket product - in preparation for the
day when they will be implanted with a chip and scannable?
I do. 
If they just went straight to microchipping it would cause uproar (much like the suggestion
of giving ppl I.D. cards did)
Therefore, gotta get them climatized to this sort of technology.
Importantly, also got to persuade them gently that this technology will be to their benefit.
If there`s any doubt that any aspect of the technology will NOT be accepted, then
they`ve also got to find other ways round it.
A typical example of that was in fact the I.D.cards - those were unpopular.
However, and in order to get round that, they`re now going to bring in e-Passports which
will still carry the SAME biometric details - which people were objecting to in the I.D.cards.
The difference being people will now accept it because of course they`re not going to be
prepared to forfeit their foreign travel /holidays etc.
For those who dont have passports, I.D.cards are still on the agenda.
According to UK governments own information they are currently installing I.D.readers into
shops.
Honestly Pierre, there are days when I sometimes wish I was making this stuff up.
At least then I could laugh about it,  but I`m honestly not making it up.
The very last thing I would do would be to intentionally deceive others about it.
I dont know what else I can say.
Ive just had one person email me saying :  `but you`re not concentrating on the financial
collapse, the climate disasters & the war that is coming`
sigh.....
I can see those things too, but for the last 6 years Ive watched very carefully how all this
biometric /RFID agenda is speeding up, and it just feels like this is being slipped through,
whilst we are all under a constant barrage of news about financial issues /climate /and
war news stories.

Fixes: 102

mod:note
OK guys, time to step back again and take a deep breath.
Will Moderate For Thanks
nadger
Rising Star

I've got nothing against hospital wrist bands having a barcode provided the basic information is also printed normally.
When I had an op in February my first set of handwritten wristbands had my date of birth wrong and made me 10 years younger. As one is consistently asked ones name and dob that could have caused confusion  Smiley