Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more doughnuts!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

No more doughnuts!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fitness-test-plan-police-104619913.html
Fitness test plan for all police
All police officers should be made to take an annual fitness test, with a pay cut for those who repeatedly fail, a review has said.
Tom Winsor, who has carried out the widest-ranging review of police pay and conditions in more than 30 years, said those who fail the test three times should be subject to disciplinary procedures and a pay cut.
Chief constables should be able to make any officer redundant as part of budget cuts, ending the prospect of a job for life, the report said.

Oh dear and it was such a cushy number too  Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: No more doughnuts!

Oh I get it, they're going test Physical Fitness, not fitness to do the job.  Grin
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Good idea.
I Guess years ago they were on the beat and that kept them fit rather than driving around in cars & doing desk work.
Steve
Pro

Just gives me all the doughnuts!!
tinto
Grafter

When I was in the job, many years ago admittedly, I went out on the beat with a whistle, truncheon, manacles, and a note book. and on the very rare occasions when when duty outweighed dignity, I could run like the clappers.  I see cops now wearing a high viz jacket, a stab proof vest, a personal radio, and a belt carrying a baton about 18 inches long, handcuffs, a pepper spray. and a bag for whatever other bits and bobs.  You'd be surprised at just how heavy and uncomfortable the stab proof vest is , if the straps are tight, it constricts your breathing, if the straps are loose it slides around , and chafes  your torso, especially the wee sensitive pink bits in front.
It doesn't matter how how fit you are, I promise you, you won't run very far or very fast carrying all that gear and trying to keep it attached.  Of course Mr. Winsor, for all his undoubted "expertise" never has been, and never will be in a position where he has to practice what he's preaching, but he will be listened to because he's also preaching to the converted about reducing the starting salary for probationary constables by around £5,000 per annum, as well as reducing their chances of future promotion to zero with his plans for recruiting and  fast tracking at least 80 graduates a year to Inspector grade without them ever working on the street.  I couldn't think of better ways to demoralise and demotivate cops, but then why should I care, fortunately, his writ doesn't extend to this part of the world, nor do we get riots such as were seen in English cities last year.
The longer the ConDems are in office, the more attractive Wee Eck Salmond's policies become.  .

Steve
Pro

No more doughnuts? Are you kidding me?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

But the bullets  are faster than the legs