Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer an "act of god"?

CX
Grafter

No longer an "act of god"?

Quote from: CX
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33144573
Pope Francis puts much of the blame for global warming on human activities, according to the leaked draft
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: No longer an "act of god"?

Be careful you might get struck by lightning!
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Reminds me of the Billy Connelly film "The man who sued God" ;-)
Always thought these were a bit 18th century ideas. I mean who these days believes? (apart from JW's)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

The draft also says that developing countries are bearing the brunt of the "enormous consumption" of some of the richest.

says one of the richest churches in the world....
says one who is in charge of millions of pounds/euros in the vatican bank account...
why is he not sharing "his" wealth with those developing  countries, by donating the riches held by the R.C. church... and his particular part of it.? 
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

Didn't you know the RC church is POOR. They are only the LARGEST land owners, don't pay taxes etc.
But I agree with you. But we are in danger of becoming a religious thread better stop now.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

So if the church says that a tree landing on a house is an act of human, then the insurance for that house is invalid from the outset as they use "Act of god" clauses to worm out of paying up, so they can't use that now and therefore their contracts are annulled...  Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I think you've got that wrong twocvbloke.. insurance companies use it as a get out to save themselves from paying out.. it doesn't mean that the contract is null from the customers POV if the insurer can no longer use that get out clause.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Not sure what the Pope is getting at, if most of us are going to get eternal life once we depart this life what's the fuss.
I would have thought those who do not believe this would be fighting for saving the planet.
Wink
Fixes: 47

Ahh...that's what The Green Party is all about then Smiley
I did wonder.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: gleneagles
Not sure what the Pope is getting at, if most of us are going to get eternal life once we depart this life what's the fuss.
I would have thought those who do not believe this would be fighting for saving the planet.
Wink

well if you believe all the claptrap then were going to get eternal something, be that damnation or heavenly care plan is up to each of us to choose.
clearly if he is truly worried about global warming etc then he should act rather than pontificate about the matter, telling every "good catholic" to wear wellies in the bath would be a good start at slowing the pace of resource consumption what with it being a "sin" for them to use contraceptives and all that /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran

tax all religious establishments until they really are poor.  then tax 'em some more.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Quote from: 7up
I think you've got that wrong twocvbloke.. insurance companies use it as a get out to save themselves from paying out.. it doesn't mean that the contract is null from the customers POV if the insurer can no longer use that get out clause.

I was extracting the urine out of the pair of them, church says things are acts of humanity and not the made-up deity they waffle on about, and insurance co's say things are acts of god which they cannot prove, but waffle on about it anyway as a get-out clause when bad weather caused by climate change is often attributed to humanity (even though logical studies say the earth goes through cycles of climate change regardless of us humans that infest the planet like fleas on a dog)... Grin
In other words, they're both talking bow-locks... Grin
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

There are ways of getting rid of fleas from a dog and I guess the Earth has a few tricks up it's sleeve to rid itself of us, if changes to the climate fail to work it will use some other method.
Top of it's list is our hatred for others who fail to share our ideas or belief's and our methods of eliminating them large scale.
Fixes: 47

You've been watching George Carlin
*Language Warning* Unsuitable for younger viewers.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Should be compulsory viewing for the media gnomes. I hope the generators of all the green hype don't actually believe what they produce fo all our sakes  Wink
Thanks Strat
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra