cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Survivors from Airliner Crash

Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

Re: No Survivors from Airliner Crash

The President of the U.S.A.   Donald Trump,.... has grounded the 737 MAX aircraft.

20 minutes ago

President Trump has stated all US 737MAX will be grounded.

The FAA has informed airlines. Awaiting official statement and/or Airworthiness Directive from FAANews.

Shortly afterwards.......   a statement was issued from BOEING...  also GROUNDING THE ENTIRE WORLD FLEET  ( 371 aircraft) of the type...

BOEING STATEMENT 2.png

Larger version for those who need it ! ...

BOEING STATEMENT 01.png

Community Veteran

FAA CONFIRM GROUNDING THE 737 MAX....

FAA CFM GROUNDING.png

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Very strange...

The 737 MAX8 code name is B38M. This page gives details of all flights of that type in the air at the moment, updated in real time...  they still appear to be flying..

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B38M

Edit: I has to be aircraft re-positioning I think. Which means overflying countries that have banned it. 

Community Veteran

Curiouser and curiouser..   There are sixty 737 MAX 8 planes in the air right now globally. One of them is from La Palma to Manchester, TOM2427. The Manchester flight arrivals is showing that flight as a scheduled passenger flight, so it can't be repositioning. So are they grounded or not I ask myself? Has the FAA announcement been lifted?

Community Veteran

Checking that number on FR24, it does not show up.... however,... your information about the flight at Manchester Airport, being a "passenger flight"  may well be true, however, it has also been mentioned that operators are allowed to fly the planes "back to base" with only crew aboard.... the flight might still be designated as a "passenger flight"  as it is not a "cargo flight".. or other description.

the arrival time will be an indication of it`s e.t.a. on the tarmac, as per normal operational information.

Having done a "comparison" of locations.... it appears on FR24 as TOM28X 

Community Veteran

@shutter 

Try looking for TOM28X. That brings it up.

Edit..  sorry, you had noticed that.

I think it must be repositioning then.

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

I wondered if those websites could be using incorrect data which is causing that. Could it be something like the data says flight number ABC123 uses a 737 MAX 8. Since they are grounded the airline is using a different plane, but the websites are just following it as flight number ABC123 and reporting the incorrect data of the plane that should be used on that flight?

That was the only explanation I could think of

Community Veteran

@pjmarsh 

I think the plane identity and type is transmitted by the "squawk" comms, and that shows the plane type. So it should be current.

I think @shutter  is correct in saying that the airlines are repositioning aircraft using pre-arranged (ie scheduled) slots. They are allowed to overfly with crew only.

Community Veteran

According to FR24 .... BLX 236 ( the one last appearing)   is a TUI flight NORDIC236 and on it`s way to VANTAA, Finland...  it is a 757-256 type ( according to FR24 ) Even though Flightaware says it is a 737 MAX 8 ! ! ! ...

Community Veteran

@shutter 

Very strange indeed. Huh

TOM2469 on Flightaware shows up as TOM3EQ on FR24, but both show 737MAX8.

Community Veteran

@nozzer   As mentioned.... probably returning to base... using a scheduled flight plan... this causes less disruption to all air traffic control areas involved,... and also saves making a new flight plan and all the work that goes with that.

Community Veteran

@shutter 

Yeah, I was really saying that those two aircraft types show up the same, but the one you spotted shows two different aircraft types. Which I don't understand, because both tracking systems use the ADSB data to identify, or so they say. 

Community Veteran

@nozzer  yeah... can be confusing, I agree, .... maybe,... it is ... a scheduled flight... with passengers... and has a different a/c type opearating on that flight plan..  but Flightaware have not updated their data base...

OR..

Vice-Versa...

I would suspect that it could be a passenger carrying flight, that normally ran with the MAX 8 but Thomson need to get those passengers home "as scheduled".. to save them from paying out for cancelling the flight.... etc...

Community Veteran

@shutter 

I've looked at a few other flights and I think you found the only "anomaly" there! The others i've checked show up as 737MAX8 on both flight trackers. Mind you, I've not looked at them all. Roll_eyes

Community Veteran

There have been previous reports of similar incidents with this plane.

A troubling new report from Politico reveals that flight crews filed at least five separate reports with the FAA, complaining about issues with the controls of Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft. Pilots who reached out to the regulatory agency described technical issues remarkably similar to the problems reportedly described by the captains in the final moments of two ill-fated flights in less than six months.