cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No End of Day ?

Community Veteran

No End of Day ?

No End of Day this evening - what's happening in Plusnet Towers ?
http://community.plus.net/blogs/
I don't look every day -  maybe on;y once a week - but just wondered
22 REPLIES
Euge
Grafter

Re: No End of Day ?

Weird, the weatherman didn't suggest any hint of an apocalypse. But then they didn't foresee this rain either.
Community Veteran

The weather man forecast a 65% chance of barbecue weather this summer.
That by inference means a 35% chance of other than that - and that is what we got - so why are people complaining
On the other hand - we could have had a barbecue outside this evening...........
But looking at the forecast maybe Sheffield was flooding - I hope not .
Euge
Grafter

Sorry mal I wasn't intentionally making your thread off topic, I just saw it and made myself laugh  Cheesy
I never really read the EOD on any regular basis just on the of chance. I tend to just catch the full on blogs.
Community Veteran

It's in chit chat - so can go off topic  Cheesy
but weather could be a valid reason if Sheffield has heavy rain and floods
maybe not - call centre is very quite
http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
average call time today only 3 minutes
James
Grafter

Don't know what you mean.  It was posted at 17:31 yesterday.
Community Veteran

Another day with seemingly no EOD. More concerning though is the little pane on the Community home page which used to show the latest EODs: today it's been quietly changed to show 'tech news' instead. Does this mean, I wonder, that Plusnet's EODs are no more?
Loombucket
Grafter

Maybe the staff at PN Towers are no longer allowed to blog EODs due to the highly secret and subversive nature of their work......
(Loombucket wanders off, opening a fresh tin of conspiracy theories)
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 65

I believe we'll be looking to switch to an End of Week instead shortly which is why the EOD pane on the Community front page has changed. Having said that it looks like an internal EOD was drafted yesterday so not sure why nothing got published. I'll ask around ans see if anybody knows more...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Indeed - as Bob says, we'll be moving to EOW as of this week.  It's a change we've been considering for a few weeks now, the idea (hopefully) being that we can get more material in there.  It's not always easy to craft a daily EOD posting so putting more focus into a once weekly effort should improve this.
I'm sorry this wasn't communicated better, that's my fault... I was intending to post an EO-EOD type blog yesterday explaining what was going to happen but that didn't happen.  I shall make sure that's done today.
Community Veteran

I think that maybe that will prove a good idea.
When moved over to PN from Pipex/Tiscalli - I found the openess and friendliness here very good, and then included the EoD's.
But after a while I stopped reading everyday as it became a little repetitive, and the guys seemed to sometimes find it difficult to find something to say.
Making it weekly might breath new live into it. We will have to see.
On the other hand - like removing the webcams a month or so back - it might be felt that it is taking away some of the friendly old feel of PN.  Huh
csogilvie
Grafter

Perhaps if you were replacing the End of Day section with the Tech News section, it would be worth having more up to date news in it Smiley
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Andrew
I shall make sure that's done today.

http://community.plus.net/blog/2009/08/04/end-of-end-of-days-eo-eod/ ; Smiley
N/A

Like the idea of EOW - it might be more 'newsy'. Only trouble is, I feel sorry for the compiler having to round everything up on a Friday afternoon just as folk are wanting to be off home for the weekend.
Community Veteran

Maybe - but the head of departments can ensure their input is sent to one of the Friday evening shift to do the editing and putting on line, or even the overnight shift and have it ready for the weekend ?.