Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nick, Nick, Nicked !

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nick, Nick, Nicked !

Range Rover driver with provisional licence caught dropping kids off to school.

The SUV, which was not insured, has now been seized by police.

0_range-rover.jpg

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Fixes: 394

Re: Nick, Nick, Nicked !

Here's a link to the story:

Good! The school run is bad enough let alone having idiots without insurance on the road.

Round my way the roads are narrow and parking is of a premium yet it seems the majority of kids are driven to school from less than half a mile away in many cases. Get the kids off their backsides and walking - it will aid their health and won't hurt them even in extremely cold weather.

In my early school days my mum walked the mile to school with my brother and me and then again to collect us. Four miles a day for her and two for me and my brother - did us and her no harm!

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

Why do women insist on having 4x4 when they only do school run and shopping, wonder if they somehow feel safer /  are bad drivers and expect to crash so want something with a bit of weight in it. It seems that pretty much every SUV / 4x4 I see these days has a woman behind the wheel. 

Highlighted
Rising Star

Women can buy and drive any car they like, just like men do.  It's a bit old-fashioned these days to assume that women can't drive as well as men.

Pete
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

A school run, where if I’m not mistaken, there are lots of kids about where some have as much road sense as the proverbial chicken (the one that crossed the road) and no insurance, really! Gives you an insight into the mentality of the driver.

Highlighted
All Star
Fixes: 1

@Mav Unfortunately walking to school once did me some harm!!! I was about  10 or 11 and walked to school about 1 mile. One day I was walking and chatting to the local milkman who had an electic pull along milk float. I caught my heel in the wheel and fell over and it ran over me. Ended up with grazed legs so no real harm done. ( how many people can claim to be run over by an electic milk float doing 3mph.....dont laugh!). Still walked to school everyday.Crazy2Laugh

Highlighted

Life is never fair.

After we moved 3 miles away from my school when I was 8 it was decided that I can still attend but getting the bus there and back - on my own. Back in 68' not such an issue. I was given a bus pass that stated a specific bus stop in Lewisham, London (outward) and another in Peckham. Although a 21 would do the complete journey they were few and far between so I often got a 36/36B to New cross then a 53/177 to my destination. One day I was told off by an inspector for getting off at New Cross and told me to have 'Change at New Cross' added on the pass. This was done but, guess what, I was on a 21 for the straight through journey when the conductor told me to get off at New Cross as that is what it said on the pass. I tried to explain that it was only if I got the 36/36B but he refused to let the bus go until I did get off. At 8 years-old I felt helpless.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mav wrote:

At 8 years-old I felt helpless.

Cry

Highlighted

You know what... I don't remember crying at the time but it was sad that no-one stood up for me!

Highlighted
Rising Star

<hugs the moderator (in a manly way, not a huggsy-cuddly way)>

Pete
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is considering society as a whole was so much better back then, but maybe as you weren't with or in your own community those on the bus didn't think it was their place to intervene. But all the same it was still a [-Censored-]ty thing to do to a kid.

Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 4

Then there is the uninsured lamborghini parked outside Cambridge police station, allegedly while the owner was inside releasing a car which wasn't insured......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-33856804

(main linky is register, pop ups, etc)

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@wotsup 

Not a lover those big SUV's whoever is behind the wheel, and why do so many have an 'it's my road my rules' attitude. Had two driving up my rear earlier and even though I was doing the maximum speed allowed they just had to steam past. Not all bad drivers, but so many have a real attitude.

Crazy2

Highlighted
Aspiring Legend

@Crunchie 

Well yes, women can drive what they like and just as well, but more often than not it's the fairer sex that seem to have problems with parking and reversing - my Mrs certainly does anyway. 

Highlighted
Fixes: 416

With SUVs the operative word is Utility. These vehicles are designed as commercial utility vehicles with trimmings.

I've driven one around a busy Sheffield city centre and hated it for poor visibility.

I'm not a big fan and wouldn't have one unless I turned to farming.

I was watching one of those Police in Action programs and a driver was pulled over for erratic driving and a quick check revealed him as a provisional licence holder.

He phoned his mate who turned up a few minutes later.....you know what's coming.

A quick check on the friend showed him to be a provisional licence holder also.

I don't think they had a brain cell between them.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 74.0.1 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.