Nice Work if You Can Get It.

Home Secretary - Salary £145,000
Expenses - £152,000
Another MP with her snout in the trough Angry 
It's about time this mob were made to account
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Nice Work if You Can Get It.

Its surprising how much some of these people get like bankers getting massive payouts after they were bailed out by public money. The figure you quote wont take into account fiddles and other expenses. Its like our local council they had a meeting every Wednesday which the public could attend. One man used to go every week and was a grumpy old man checking on the council (not me this time). He turned up one week and no meeting why he asked.
Its been moved to 5:30 because those attending then get extra money for tea and extra travel payments. So while they were doing nothing illegal they were ripping off the public.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

The quietly interesting point about the Home Secretary's issue is her sister (with whom she stays) she can receive an income from "rent" of I think £8000 per annum tax free (may well be wrong about the figure) above this she must declare it...uhmm....I wonder.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Yes, but in no way can the sister's house be regarded as her main residence to allow her to claim an allowance on her real home.  She's a lodger with her sister and no more.  And to think this woman is in charge of law and order in the UK Angry
techguy
Grafter

Wsh I'd gone into politics as its one big gravy train.
Community Veteran

In the papers today - the present cabinet have had £2m of expenses between them.  No wonder they wanted to keep their details private Wink
techguy
Grafter

Think they need to repay that into the public purse as haven't we bailed out enough greedy wastes of oxygen?