Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next time a call centre wants your money tell them this

TORPC
Grafter

Next time a call centre wants your money tell them this

First
Listen and see if you hear the
(Your calls are being recorded for training and monitoring purposes) by law speech
If not
Ask are the calls being recorded
Assess the callers answer
As the (name of firm / charity etc) can be fined £10,000 - £50-000
If for example you are one of the ones that wants to use the services & have given then your bank details & IE: gives to charity by DD and (name of firm / charity etc) neglect to mention the DD-G Direct Debit Guarantee then they could be fined up to £50,000
I am sorry however to save you time, so you can meet your targets and I will never be 1 of them
1, Forget asking me by the rule of 3 x
2, Do not go into more detail why it is best I give you money
3, Do not have to give me the "Why setting up a DD is crucial or will benefit me spiel"
3a, Do not offer to send me out a form in the post or by email or by any other means for me to fill in either
4, This is a Hard NO therefore you should proceed to and tick the (Do not phone box in Data Capture) Whis is typicaly found on page 2 -4 of the (OBJECTION / CALL HANDLING Handbooks)
5, After you have completed step 4 you should (by law give me a speech) get on with it so I can go about my business.
If your number is registered with the TPS et al then they should automagicaly go to step 4
Do Not tell them what the speech is as they are bound by law to tell you, and if the operator does not either know or tell you they can be done for it
Their speech may go something like this
I can certainly make a note on our records not to call you again, however I would not be able to remove you from any lists separate from (name of firm / charity etc) that you may be on I would advise you to contact your telephone operator.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Next time a call centre wants your money tell them this

could you say all that again - in english?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I think the part quoted is the script to folow to expediate totally pi55ing off the cold caller ,and get them out of your hair. Just missing the speech " xxxx " symbols.
Quote from: TORPC
I am sorry however to save you time, so you can meet your targets and I will never be 1 of them
1, Forget asking me by the rule of 3 x
2, Do not go into more detail why it is best I give you money
3, Do not have to give me the "Why setting up a DD is crucial or will benefit me spiel"
3a, Do not offer to send me out a form in the post or by email or by any other means for me to fill in either
4, This is a Hard NO therefore you should proceed to and tick the (Do not phone box in Data Capture) Whis is typicaly found on page 2 -4 of the (OBJECTION / CALL HANDLING Handbooks)
5, After you have completed step 4 you should (by law give me a speech) get on with it so I can go about my business.

I have my own method.  when they say "your call may be used for training and monitoring purposes...."  I say "Thank you, saves me reading it out to you.  I'm recording this too"..Strangely enough, no-one really wants to drag the conversation out. Wink
Worth looking at 'automatic call recorder ' App on android phones. Very good and FREE. Smiley Smiley
TORPC
Grafter

To sum things up
Outbound Call centres role is to try and persuade you to part with your hard earned cash
Call centres typically use a rule of 3 times to ask the DMC (Decision Maker Contact) (Person they are calling) before they have to end the call
They are also bound by law to make the DMC aware of certain policy's like the DD-G, Calls are recorded
Also bound by law tick the (Do not phone box in Data Capture) field, to prevent them from calling you again after you have clearly asked for your number to be taken off their list whether or not your number is listed with the likes or TPS
@Doris
Can you please provide a link Wink
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

To sum things up.. if you get a call from a call centre and you don`t want their service....... hang up...  Shocked
TORPC
Grafter

Why not have some fun with them at their expense Tongue Roll eyes
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 3

@TORPC
Here is the link for the free "call recorders " on android phones
https://play.google.com/store/search?q=call%20recorder&c=apps&price=1&hl=en_GB
'automatic call recorder ' is the first one Smiley
Kind Regards
Mike
Mike
TORPC
Grafter

Cheers mike Smiley
Thunderclap
Grafter

Lips are sealed This is Gary from South Western Windows ---
Cool So tell me Gaz are you being paid to talk to me?
Lips are sealed Urm
Cool And am I being paid to listen to you?
Lips are sealed Urm
Cool Just one more thing, is working all day in that call center how you though your life was going to end up?
Lips are sealed [hangs up]
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I Cannot provide you with any personal details due to the data protection act.
WTF
Grafter

Don't provide your home phone number on forms (hard copy or on t'interweb)
Can remember the last time I got a cold call ..
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

"Hello Mr xxxx, this is HSBC, do you have a few minutes?"
"Sure"
"Can you confirm your date of birth and postcode?"
"Why?"
"For data protection"
"You phoned me...how do I know who you are? So no"
"I told you, I'm calling from HSBC."
"  So you say. What is your date of birth and postcode?"
"Er...why?"