Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Win 10 update - Discussion only...

Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 35

Next Win 10 update - Discussion only...

This is not a TECH question or problem.... just for discussion on "General Chat".

Windows 10 update next month is supposed to bring a lot of new features to Win 10.... in what is described as a "major update" according to the Daily Express.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1012434/Windows-10-users-receive-major-updat...

Having read the article,.... I am glad my computer ( running Win7 Pro ) will not be getting all this new "bloat"... ! ...

Seriously... If I had Windows 10... I would not use ANY of these "major update" additions/changes....  so I am glad to stay with Win 7 Pro... it works for me.... and I`m happy with it... 

Seems to me, that Microsoft, have forgotten the old adage      K.I.S.S.   Smiley

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Next Win 10 update - Discussion only...

The problem with W10 updates are if you run a PC with the home edition - which most off the shelf buys are, you can not stop the updates. I had a problem with the update that came out in April - it took 3 attempts, for it to update automatically, over 2 months and caused me problems until it managed to do it correctly. Huge thread at the time on the W10 forum.

Highlighted
Hooked

There are settings that allow you to control whether and how updates are installed.

I have found Windows 10 to be extremely stable and choose to install only once new features are tried and tested. In any case, most features can be turned off either by settings or via gpedit.

All Windows releases have included what I regard as dross and have removed. And that includes Cortana.

Highlighted
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 49

Home editions of Windows don't include gpedit.
I must have been really bad in a previous life as this was my 3rd ISP in a row that used lithium.
Now you're stuck with me because my new ISP doesn't run a forum Cheesy
Highlighted
Hooked