Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Head of the Commonwealth

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Next Head of the Commonwealth

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43040240

How about Harry?

He's shown far more interest in developing nations than his father.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: Next Head of the Commonwealth

Evenly numbered children (2, 4, etc) tend to have a habit of being a bit troublesome. He was caught on camera years ago with the swastika on his person (can't remember if it was a tatoo, badge or what). Although I do agree he seems to have publicly shown more interest in humanitarian causes, he's also a trained killer.

I personally would trust William more. He's probably done daft things in the past too but he's now a family man with his own children and understands what protecting young life is all about. He's also done humanitarian work in the past too.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

@jelv wrote:
How about Harry?

Actually that would probably be a good choice.

As in upcoming years we may have more of a need for Commonwealth business and Harry seems the sort to get in their face and fight for it.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

https://news.sky.com/story/prince-charles-to-succeed-queen-as-commonwealth-head-11338957

and its a done deal.

And most people don't agree with the majority of views on this thread -

A Sky Data poll conducted before the agreement found 44% of Britons backed the Prince of Wales becoming head of the organisation.

While 32% said the role should instead rotate between representatives from other Commonwealth countries.

I think its sensible because a number of Commonwealth members are traditional societies with royal families or other traditional rulers and many have the Queen as head of state. Our royal families leadership of the Commonwealth is a strength and we mess with that at our peril. 

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

When ever has the majority view held sway against the of minority power brokers and those with a vested interest in the status quo?

As for royalty of any description I'd not give tuppence for it.  It stinks and those with their noses in the air still cannot smell it! 

The movers and shakers who know best against the masses that know nothing - well not any more comrades, not any more.

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Minivanman wrote:

When ever has the majority view held sway against the of minority power brokers and those with a vested interest in the status quo?

Brexit
Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

I think rhetorical is the word you are looking for.

No?

OK then.

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You asked; I answered.

You’re welcome.

Jonpe
Champion
Fixes: 7

So a 92-year-old mother has to plead with her friends to give a (very) part-time job to her 69-year-old son.  Had this happened when I was involved in staff selection, I wouldn't have put him forward for shortlisting on the grounds that he didn't show sufficient initiative.