cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newsapaper we all love ( to hate ) wins top award ! !

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Newsapaper we all love ( to hate ) wins top award ! !

Yup !.. our favourite "rag" has won a top newspaper award... and  here is a quote ...

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

The judges said that in the 'seismic year' of Brexit, the Mail was a 'must-read' across the political spectrum with a 'strong and provocative voice' that dominated the narrative and never wavered.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-4318338/Daily-Mail-crowned-Newspaper-Year-Press-Oscars.html

So, C`mon lads... let`s show some respect for this paper, and stop calling it the Daily Fail... Cheesy

8 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Re: Newsapaper we all love ( to hate ) wins top award ! !

I've never heard anything so laughable in a long time, I guess this award was given by a group of retired old hacks reminiscent of the 'pig hacks' from Stilling Image!

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Well it just shows all these AWARDS ,,,  Cheesy are just a marketing give away to highest bidder  , even close to home

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

You chaps are being a bit unfair to the DM, if it wasn't for the DM half the posts on this section of the forum would be missing.

Who else could we use to misquote things or be critical of the articles it writes if we disagree with them

Wink

JayG
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Hard to believe I actually used to buy the Daily Mail -  OK, a bit too right wing for my tastes but not enough to really grate, not too excruciatingly populist and dumb as the likes of the Sun, but not too challenging and serious like the Grauniad. Nice handy size too for reading on the train journey to work.

Hard to find words to adequately describe what it has now become, but for sure if you gave me one I'd give it straight back!

jab1
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 5

@gleneagles Daily Express? Guardian? Morning Star?Wink

@JayG My thoughts exactly - although under Sir David English, it was probably 99% in line with my thoughts at the time.

John
Luzern
Pro
Fixes: 2

And within the monththis.

Talk about merde calling p*o gold!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Who organises these awards? Cos last I heard they were given out by the newspapers themselves as a self-indulgent, narcissistic bit of self-congratulation, so the top award given by themselves is like a toilet giving you an award for a movement well passed... Funny

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

And who tells us all about it, the Daily Mail. What a spiteful little rag

Having said that the Guardian has been my read for more years than I care to remember but even that gets right up my nose at times, especially over Brexit. Talk about a dog with a bone. Add to that, one of their writers had the audacity a while back to defend the Mail over it's flirtation with fascism!

National newspapers? National disgrace most of them.

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.