cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News???

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

News???

A large section of the country is flooded, people have died under the water, The Middle East is going to hell on a hand-cart, British politics is in turmoil, Greece and Spain are going bankrupt...
And the BBC leads its 6 O'clock news all seven minutes of it with the earth shattering news that, and wait for this...John Terry gets a 4 match ban!!
Must be short of something important to report.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
18 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: News???

Even if there was absolutely no news of any real importance (unlikely) an item about a football player would have no interest whatsoever for me. Angry
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Can somebody please explain what "football" is ?  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Came into the news late, all I heard was....."How can an idiot be a policeman? Answer me that!"
and the answer "It’s very simple. All he has to do is enlist…"
Rest in peace... Herbert Lom

Community Veteran

Quote from: shutter
Can somebody please explain what "football" is ?

Football, is a sport played by twenty-two players, with one referee and two linesmen. That bears little or no resemblance to what goes on on football pitches in this country.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

Pleeze.. can soombody explain what is "sport" ?  Undecided
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I don't understand why footie players are treated like national heroes either.
They don't do a serious job, they don't work hard, half of them probably don't even have intelligence but because they get paid £Mega they're treated like gods.
It's utter madness.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Footballers have taught us how to spit, copiously and repeatedly, how to do airplane impressions with half a shirt, have perfected the professional foul and apparently had it accepted as a legitimate part of the game.
Now that's useful isn't it.....................isn't it?
However it must be admitted that they have probably contributed to keeping the worlds super-car manufactures in business.

Community Veteran

Which is a good endorsement for the young people of today, to go out and get a "proper job"  Smiley
Community Veteran

They wouldn't command the high salaries and be treated like gods if members of the public didn't make it possible Crazy
Community Veteran

The only "sports" program worth watching these day's seems to me to be "A Question of Sport" certainly the only one where the sports people seem to enjoy themselves.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Reading the paper today - back page - i find that Terry got a 4 match ban for calling Ferdinand a "<expletive> black <expletive>" so if he had called him a  "<expletive>  <expletive>" it would have been OK
Words fail me
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

And many young people see them as role models !
Once large sums of money went into the game and it became a business the less it became as a Sport.
Fixes: 47

I've thought of it as a business for quite some time and a very lucrative one it is too as long as you're not one of those poor souls paying at the turnstile or forking out for a season ticket.
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
randpwar
Grafter

Quote from: gleneagles
And many young people see them as role models !

See that’s the thing, does anyone, anywhere really hold footballers as role models these days? Surely everyone knows exactly what footballers are like these days and know that they really aren’t worthy of any sort of respect, maybe apart from footballing skills…if you like that sort of thing and tbh it all happens without me being the slightest bit aware of it. Even my 13 year old lad, who knows virtually nothing about the sport (I’m sure he couldn’t give the names of more than two teams), knows very well what they’re like