News - Margaret Thatcher covered up child abuse

Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

News - Margaret Thatcher covered up child abuse

Hi All
Just seen this:
[quote="The Mirror"]
Margaret Thatcher 'personally covered up' child abuse allegations against senior ministers
The Tory Prime Minister is said to have held a meeting with a rising star, who was tipped for promotion, and told him: “You have to clean up your sexual act”

Margaret Thatcher personally covered up child abuse ­allegations made against one of her senior ministers, according to explosive new claims.
The Sunday People reports Tory Prime Minister is said to have held a high-powered meeting with the rising star, who was being tipped for promotion, and told him: “You have to clean up your sexual act.”
It followed an allegation that the minister had sexually abused young boys at the home of one of his political allies in 1982.
However the minister apparently ignored the warnings.
It is claimed that four years later he was spotted by police seeking young boys for sex at Victoria railway station in London.
But no action was taken.
Read More Here
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: News - Margaret Thatcher covered up child abuse

This is disgusting. Our society is sick.
Something is very wrong with our country when there are so many child abusers, victims and cover ups.
Maggie Thatcher being in on it too... Now I know why our country has gone so far down the pan.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Certainly agree it is disgusting and what I would do to those abusers could not be printed on this forum, however we must be careful as to whom we accuse (Either dead or alive) as some innocent people will get caught up in this and knowing how dirty politics is, it is only necessary to mention someone's and that's enough to do the damage.
Some reports have claimed that even the Pope has said various members of the Church have been involved in child abuse with a figure of 2 per cent  mentioned,
There are a lot of sick people in society and I just wish I was the one to deal with them as I would ensure they were never able to abuse anyone ever again, how would I do this.........use your immigration.
TORPC
Grafter

I think the reasons they made a mess of everything else was to try & hide & avoid all the this from coming out.
As a child that was abused (won't go into it on here, as it is still too painful & I still get the nightmares)
I guess everyone on here knows my views what to do with all those that hurt children, by the old fashioned forms of punishment
I understand how frightening it is for victims to speak out, & why it can take many years to pluck up the courage to tell someone, the 1st I ever told is my current SWMBO, & even then it was extremely hard to do.
I am glad it is all coming out & all these pedo's / cover up pedo's (as they are just as bad, if not worse than the pedo's, for not doing anything about it)
I am just so saddened & sickened that it had / has to happen at all, just because the pedo's can't / wont, control themselves, knowing what they do or are about to do is so very wrong on so many levels
I just hope that all those that are GUILTY are caught & given life without parole  (modern day punishments) & those that are INNOCENT do not get caught up, being used as scape goats etc
Community Veteran

Do you think your title should have the word "allegedly" in it? I would hate to think that this Mirror story is inaccurate, especially as they have put it in inverted commas!
Community Veteran

I note today's reports that allegedly suggest the a certain MP called Blair may have been involved. Tit for tat?Huh
nanotm
Pro

its bound to come out that all sides are involved to some degree or another, there was a prominent politician many years ago who committed systematic non sexual abuse against children but that wasn't made public knowledge until he was caught at it by a whistle blower .....

its also worth remembering that there is more than one form of child abuse and the papers love to roll up all of them to indicate a prominent figure "knew of and covered up" with often spurious links to paedophilia, I don't doubt that if they dig deep enough it will be found that certain people of power did indeed get to continue victimising others in the best interests of avoiding a scandal or due to national security 
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 9

Unfortunately(?) the Witch is dead - so she can't be interrogated.
I expect her dog ate any documentary evidence (or similar excuse).

Community Veteran

If she failed to cover it up there is no question that it would have brought the government down and at the same time ended the careers of some MP's in other  parties along with the jobs of many public officials, is that a good enough reason ? In my opinion NO but how many things do governments along with the rich and famous cover things up ?
Thatcher was eventually stabbed in the back by her own party  so a group of MP 's can easily bring someone down including a PM.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

She should have been stabbed in the back a damn sight sooner.

WTF
Grafter

Quote from: nozzer
Do you think your title should have the word "allegedly" in it? I would hate to think that this Mirror story is inaccurate, especially as they have put it in inverted commas!

You can't libel the dead .. or rather, you can libel them as much as you like coz they can't sue you  Wink
Having said that, I wouldn't count one story as definitive proof - though Maggie sinning can hardly come as a surprise to anyone.
VileReynard
Seasoned Pro

You obviously haven't read the Havana Times.  Cheesy
http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=91222