cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News Flash from Portsmouth

Community Veteran

News Flash from Portsmouth

News flash from Portsmouth
The Navy intercepted a boatload of people off the South coast of England today.  This placed the Navy in an awkward position, as the boat was not heading to, but away from the UK, towards the Continent.
Another surprise finding was that it was loaded with British Citizens, who were all seniors of pensionable age.  Their claim was that they were trying to get to Asia so as to be able to return to the UK as illegal immigrants, and therefore be entitled to far better benefits than they were receiving as legitimate British pensioners.  The Navy it is believed gave them food and water and assisted them on their journey.
We are booking on the next boat out. Let me know if you want to come.
Remember, you have to be over 65.
14 REPLIES
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: News Flash from Portsmouth

there are so many quips one could use with that storyline Smiley
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

contact me, via pm, if you have any friends or relatives you want to send ....  I have some contacts that can assist...
Community Veteran

Captain Shutter at the helm Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

See yet again the older generations get the perks. If that was people of my age trying to escape we'd be rounded up, questioned, questioned by anti terror police, put on trial and finally found guilty of being mentally challenged in some way before being locked up, let out with a tag and then being forced to do community work for free.
Yet the geriatrics... they've a genuine excuse for being silly in the head so they would legitimately get away with it  Cheesy
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up
Yet the geriatrics... they've a genuine excuse for being silly in the head so they would legitimately get away with it  Cheesy

.........Not only the geriatrics as you disparaging  refer to the older generation. Some of your group who are nearly there as well I think Smiley Smiley
You do realise it's a joke don't you? You seem to take the humorous post rather seriously.
Community Veteran

Quote from: 7up

Should I "Report to Moderators"... for insulting posts about the older generation ?  Angry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

Don't bother - we will all have forgotten in a few minutes  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

At least we would be able to pay for our own trip and not have to rely on handouts Wink
Community Veteran

Quote from: Oldjim
Don't bother - we will all have forgotten in a few minutes  Roll eyes

Forgotten what  ?  Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Most unusual story, sounds like a cruise ship off to some exotic location, the amount of food and drink some elderly folk can get through has to be seen to be believed, perhaps that's the reason they ran out of food and drink so fast.
Just as well these trips are only available to the 65 and over we can't have everyone having a good time.
Smiley Smiley Smiley
Community Veteran

.We are booking on the next boat out. Let me know if you want to come.
Remember, you have to be over 65. 

Right, I've decided to come. Could you drop me off in the Scilly Isles please, I've got a tent and a primus to keep me happy.  Smiley
Community Veteran

Scilly Isles ? ?  don`t be daft.... you have to stay in one of the camps in France first,.... then jump on a HG V that is going to the Scilly Isles,  ( if that is your chosen destination)...  Roll eyes
Community Veteran

Oh ok. Can I claim the camp on the seafront in Marseilles please? I got a mate who visits there with his truck once every blue moon so he can pick me up in a few years time. When I've got a nice tan!
Community Veteran

It's going to be overbooked if you're not quick Smiley