cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie and some questions please

3dandelionsin

Newbie and some questions please

Hello, I thought I would introduce myself  Smiley I hope this is the right place.
I am a brand new plusnet customer.
I don't have a telly, but I like youtube, and some catchup tv, cos I get to watch it when I want, not when some broadcaster says.
I chose the the force9 tarriff, as I download a lot and find it very hard to stick to limits.
I was with with BT infinity, and was paying over £50 a month, plus calls outside of plan.
I must say, so far, plusnet are better.
I get 6 months free, then I start paying !4.99 for my internet, plus £16.99 for my line rental.
The crossover went really smoth, the speeds feel a bit better than they were with BT.
The query I have is that the deal I have got does not correspond with any of the deals on plusnets offers http://www.broadband-finder.co.uk/providers/plusnet?li=3&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=%2B...
Why is this?
Does it have anything to do with the fact that I made my application to crossover to plusnet by phone, and not online?
I confirmed that my plan is unlimited on the phone to the call centre.
thanx
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

Re: Newbie and some questions please

Not a clue mate - you'd need to ask that in the support forums. This is the chit chat forum - where anything goes between members but plusnet account stuff isn't really done here.
Anyway welcome aboard Wink
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Preacherlady
Grafter

The offers tend to change every so often so you may have got previous offer like me.
St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

welcome to plusnet Smiley
Bt are rubbish i was once with them and they told me i couldnt get any faster than 6 meg, then i moved to plusnet and got 13 meg ..... i would never go back! Bt are trying to win customers back they phoned my paraents who i moved to plusnet and told them they would give em free iinternet for 12 months if they leave plusnet....... i just lolled... no chance!
Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 1

welcome to the forums,
as others have said it will likely just be the offer package they gave you but if your really looking for a good answer then ask in the support forums.

as to BT they couldn't give me a stable connection on adsl and limited me to under 4meg which meant only 2 people could really use the internet at home, moved to plusnet who gave me fibre (which BT had said I couldn't have) I got 20meg above the bt line estimate because they plugged me into the correct wires running from the cab..... and that's not even going into how hard it is to get any action taken by support /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you