cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New speakers with one DOA, not happy!

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

New speakers with one DOA, not happy!

I ordered a new set of speaker yesterday and they arrived today only I noticed while opening one of the boxes that the top of it had a tear and showed signs of compression. On unfolding the flaps I then saw that the polystyrene was broken on the same corner, which worried me but on further inspection there was no obvious damage to the speaker, so I continued.

Anyway, after hooking them up only one side worked, was not happy to say the least, later looking at the box it even says on it “Useless if dropped”! So I’m now waiting for these to be lifted and a replacement pair to arrive. :-(

12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Re: New speakers with one DOA, not happy!

I got a pair of Sony speakers form a little system my uncle had (thing had blown itself up from living in a seriously damp house), they work nicely... Smiley

Not any help I know, just thought I'd mention it... Grin

Community Veteran

@twocvbloke - As you do. I'm replacing my very tired Mission 70s with something that's actually got some bottom end.

Community Veteran

Well for those that are remotely interested my replacement speakers arrived this morning and are now in place, with both of them working as you would expect, and the sound is a revelation compared to the old Missions as the range is outstanding.

So very, very pleased.

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

What speakers did you get? Is this for your home entertainment (lounge) or for your PC (office)?

I have always used the built in speakers of my TV and looking at getting some kind of sound system to get a better sound for films and the like.

I got 5.1 surround for my PC but never use them since getting some decent headphones.

Frontend Web Developer | www.plus.net

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 56

@jaread83 which ones and how is the apparent sound compared to the 5.1 speakers in games

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

Jim I got some Qpad QH90 Smiley  excellent headphones Thumbs Up

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I use a set of Corsair H1500 headphones. I have a Creative 5.1 surround sound system but since my son was born, I haven't used them as he wakes up too easily.

If you have an idea to improve the community, create a new topic on our Community Feedback board to start a discussion about your idea.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 11

I have some Edifier S760D 5.1 Thumbs Up  but i too get told off for them being to loud
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@rongtw - gorgeous speakers, shame you can't use them! I love my headphones but sometimes you just can't beat the true full surround sound experience of real speakers.

Community Veteran

@jaread83 - These are the one I got their for my stereo (all separates) and they sound beautiful, even though I say so myself.

Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Yours and rongtw's speakers but my old Creative speakers to shame! Shocked

Community Veteran

Hey @jaread83 don't knock your Creative's I have a set of these on my iMac and they do a very nice job TVM and I have no intentions of replacing them either.