Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New plans to make cat deaths notifiable

RobPN
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 5

Re: New plans to make cat deaths notifiable

@twocvbloke wrote:

Oh no!! What ever shall I do? 34 years and 6 months of living with cats from my birth to this very moment and I'm in so much danger!!! 🤣

And how do you know tou haven't contracted something from them?  I believe you've said before that you have a sleep disorder of some description?  Just saying.

Only nasty thing I've had with cats is accidentally stepping in their misplaced poo, but unlike the responses here, I just wash my foot, clean up the squidged plop and carry on with my life, because that's my life, and nobody else's... 😊

Sometimes it's not immediately obvious you've stepped in it, especially if it happens outside, and you can inadvertently walk it through the house.  And if it's your own cats poo, you're fair game, but us non-cat owners who step in it have justifiable reason not to dismiss it so lightly.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@RobPN wrote:

And how do you know tou haven't contracted something from them?  I believe you've said before that you have a sleep disorder of some description?  Just saying.

Diseases and genetically inherited disorders aren't quite the same, well, they're not the same, cos, y'know, differences and all... 🤣

Next you'll say my autism was caused by cats and vaccines too... 😋

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@twocvbloke wrote:

well, while we are talking about that .....

https://herekitt.com/can-cats-have-autism/

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

@twocvbloke wrote:

Well, according to some crazy doctor ...  Roll_eyes

Cats can have ticks.  Ticks can cause Lyme Disease which has some very strange symptoms, sometimes difficult to diagnose, and can be confused with other medical problems.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@RobPN wrote:

Cats can have ticks.  Ticks can cause Lyme Disease which has some very strange symptoms, sometimes difficult to diagnose, and can be confused with other medical problems.

Cats also receive flea drops which cover most forms of ticks too... 😁

NEXT!!

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Just checking if it's OK to say [-Censored-] on this forum.

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

Nope, obviously not. 😃

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

Easy way to test for banned words is after you've typed it click 'PREVIEW' at the top right of the message editing box.  Wink

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

But there's no fun in that 😸

Minivanman
Aspiring Legend

@RobPN 

Not to hijack this topic, but it does make me wonder how over recent years just how many dual meaning words have been hijacked, and no doubt blacklisted by the likes of Plusnet. Various publications and various forums all have their own red line, but even these vary quite dramatically.

All very frustrating and not saying there should be some acceptance, but when thoughts, deeds and words written and spoken to the point where even where they have several meanings, its the 'politically incorrect' ones that get wiped. 

Check first as you suggested by doing a preview, but that is little more than self censorship.

Rant over.... for now. 😉

wotsup
Seasoned Champion

@Minivanman wrote:

@RobPN 

Not to hijack this topic, but it does make me wonder how over recent years just how many dual meaning words have been hijacked, and no doubt blacklisted by the likes of Plusnet.

Rant over.... for now. 😉

Just be grateful that Woke are not involved in specifying what words you can and cannot use - first of all you would not be able to 'type' anything - because it is against their rules to use types.....

RobPN
Aspiring Hero

@Minivanman wrote:

@RobPN 

but it does make me wonder how over recent years just how many dual meaning words have been hijacked, 

@Minivanman 

Not quite the same, but a bit like the person sitting at a table waiting for his meal in a Dublin restaurant.

When the waitress arrives with the meal and places it in front of him he asks "Where's me fork'n knife?"

"Under your fork'n plate!" comes the reply.

One will probably survive censorship, the other might not.  Wink

Edit:  got a couple of words transposed first time Embarrassed

198kHz
Hero
Fixes: 17

@twocvbloke wrote:

Oh no!! What ever shall I do? 34 years and 6 months of living with cats from my birth to this very moment and I'm in so much danger!!! 🤣

I've never lived in a house without at least one, sometimes four cats, from birth to 70, and never had any illness aprt from the usual childhood measles and chickenpox.

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires an algorithm.
Community Veteran

My old cat attacked me once. Jumped up on my leg and stuck all four sets of claws in.

After I shook her off I did come around to her way of thinking. I was standing on my back door step which my cat was sitting on looking up at me as cats do. I failed to notice the tip of the cats tail as I closed the door on it.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

@wotsup wrote: 

As I said before - cats are not clean at all,  they lick their privates and 8um and then lick their fur all over and are covered in dried gunge, bacteria, intestinal worm eggs and cat spittle.

And yet most of them are very healthy for it.

We humans on the other hand aren't doing as well.. every other person seems to have a brush with cancer these days or some other nasty. We have pharmacies full of shelves of cold and flu medicines.. etc etc etc

Cats? - sure some need the vets at times but generally they survive life a lot better than we do.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!