Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New members - posting account related questions here

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 22

Re: New members - posting account related questions here

We could discuss all day why a minority of new users are asking for customer service in General Chat, but

It really is no big deal.  🙄

As @dvorak said:

Just report it, we'll move it and life carries on.

Bee Alert >> Spray safe >> Save hives
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Doesn’t bother me where customers post as it gets moved to the appropriate board...

A far greater issue is the number of people posting with billing issues, if you decide to renew your contract or a new customer it’s quite concerning that PN have still not sorted out billing issues after all this time along with the time it takes to get these issues sorted.

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 22

@gleneagles wrote:

Doesn’t bother me where customers post as it gets moved to the appropriate board...

Quite so.

Of greater import is the number of posters who make it more difficult for the PN Help Team by piggy-backing on to an existing - sometimes totally unrelated - thread, often even when that thread is marked as 'fixed'. And the ones who multi- and cross-post.

As for billing issues, well, it just seems beyond belief that the My Account/Billing forum is still chocka with complaints after more than 18 months. Surely it wouldn't take as long as that to commission, test and launch a completely new system.

Bee Alert >> Spray safe >> Save hives
Highlighted
Fixes: 1,026

Thought occured to me today that people are directed to online chat which is turned off they see chat and maybe think it's a replacement?

Anyway @7up I'm sure it's easier to use the report to moderator option than write the large and sometimes sarcastic posts.
Time to let it go.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Where did i say i was being sarcastic?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Highlighted
Seasoned Champion

@7up wrote:

With respect, that's codswallop

This isn't 200 0r even 2010, it's now 2020. There's an entire facebook generation that's a decade old now.

I agree,  i think it is just laziness of some of the facebook generation who are used to doing everything with the least effort and the click of a mouse or tap on a screen.  I subscribe on other forums ( car and motorbike mainly ) where you can search for keywords and find answers to most things that have been answered in the past,  and a large number of new users can't even be bothered to read FAQ or search but just start a new thread for something that has been discussed in fine detail before - and they seem to be the younger ones,  older ones who are not supposed to be so 'computer savvy' but more self reliant will do searches for them very often.  I used to reply to their posts with links to topics that answered there questions,  but I think it just encourages their laziness - so stopped doing it and just say 'this has been covered many times,  have you tried searching'.....?

On plusnet if i find posts in the wrong area I often use the 'report to moderator' function and say this is in wrong section - which normally seems to results in post being moved fairly quickly