cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New eBay Bugs

Community Veteran

New eBay Bugs

Anyone else noticed the "new" bugs on eBay?
On two auctions (the only two) both lost their PayPal options. They just disappeared when I went to pay. The lone option of "other" appeared and the imaginary payment was "pending".
After the second "chat" it was said there were "technical problems".
I assume that this is related to the new PayPal or Credit Card payment choice that has sprung up.
A little alteration here adds a little bug there.
This has also messed up the idea of the one payment basket as it seems to want to split things up now.
And according to one of the items order page.
Subtotal £ 3.20
Postage £ 0.99
Total             £ 8.38
Can you spot the mistake? Grin
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Re: New eBay Bugs

another bug
Yesterday morning I put in a purchase from a supplier on ebay, followed it through with PayPal transfer.
This morning the whole transaction has disappeared.
Not sure if I should repeat the purchase?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Typical thinking of some companies, if it works ok then tinker with it until it does not.
Smiley
Community Veteran

It appears to be working, at what passes as normal, again.
Still have one auction waiting to be sorted out.
A few threads on this have appeared on their boards.
And as I tried again to sort this out over the phone as soon as I mentioned PayPal disappearing they knew what I was talking about.
So I guess this has affected a lot more people than just me.
Community Veteran

Seems I spoke to soon and that bug was just the forerunner of yesterdays meltdown.
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

eBay Checkout - Yesterday
Something went wrong. Please try to check out again.
==================================================
Select a payment option
We are having a technical hiccup and PayPal isn't available right now. You can pay with a credit or debit card instead.  Angry  Angry
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

I've not had any issues over these past few days with ebay myself, noticed things have changed with the payments screen, but, no errors, "something went wrong" or anything really... Huh
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I had issues yesterday. I wanted to return an item that was faulty. But the menu didn't show on THAT item. I did a view of the item and a contact seller, couldn't select item as it said it wasn't found! (using item number) Then about an hour later it was fine and I opened a returns case.
Today: The "new" look has major issues. Like blank purchase history, etc.
Community Veteran

Yesterday morning entire sections of my summary page kept disappearing. Ebay's paypal fix only worked on one item. I had to find a workaround myself for the other. I still have one paid item which has not appeared in the purchased section. But then again for many they couldn't even login apparently.
Ebay finally admit there was a "technical problem".
Still being one of the lucky few who could partly access ebay I ended up buying every single item on my watch list, when I could get it to appear, for the start price.
A good day for buyers, who could, and a bad day for sellers.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 14

I apparently have 1 unpaid item, but when I click on it, there is nothing, hidden or not hidden.
I hate it when they refund you and the item goes to unpaid, with NO option of marking it as payment sent like there was.
I think it maybe the item I opened the returns case on, but it has disappeared from my ebay totally!
Community Veteran

I have one item that apparently ended today. I say apparently because it didn't end up at the bottom of the list with "ended" on it, it just vanished.
Only when I checked my emails did I find out it had been sold.
Ebays idea of "fixed" is different to mine.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And changed pictures of items for sale still haven't changed in "My Ebay" hours later, though they have on the actual items.
The watch list that says 8 items when there is only 7. I expect there is a "disappeared" invisible item there.
Latest fees charged are still not available to view for the few items that sold yesterday.
When ebay said they would waive certain sellers fees that occurred in the meltdown period maybe they meant they have no record of them.