cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New additions on +Net Home page

Javert
Grafter

New additions on +Net Home page

When I logged into +Net today, I noticed an addition in the top-right of the “page - a tag “D$ 1” - a drop-down states: DropinSavings tag.  Next - a message popped up “Thank you for visiting Wplus” - I didn’t realise I had - and added that I’d been randomly selected to take part in our national survey” - I never take part in any surveys whether online or not! The address starts - “globalconsumersurvey.com” and ends “plusnet”.
So, is this something new?  Is it a one-off - or are they going to be popping up regularly?
4 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

Re: New additions on +Net Home page

Nothing to do with us. Sounds to me like you might have some malware installed.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Javert
Grafter

Thanks for your reply, Bob - sorry I couldn't get back on here yesterday.  My apologies if it sounded as if I was accusing +Net!  Cry
Have similar things happening this morning on newspages - so have run scans in Kasperky - and will now read the link you provided.
John
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 64

No worries. Hope you get it sorted.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Javert
Grafter

Yes- all sorted.  The “Malware” (if that’s what it is) wasn’t picked up by two or three Anti-Malware programs, and it wasn’t found in IE9’s “Manage add-ons” where it’s supposed to lurk.  Fortunately, someone on another forum had had the same problem last year and was able to “point me in the right direction”!  Smiley