Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Zealand earthquake... who next ?

St3
All Star
Fixes: 2

New Zealand earthquake... who next ?

Seams like the worlds falling apart ... where can we hide http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4901364/New-Zealand-rocked-strong-6-1-magnitude-earthquake.h...

Win 10
i7 7700k
GTX 970
36 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: New Zealand earthquake... who next ?

Earthquake in New Zealand: 

"The quake was felt strongly in the capital Wellington but no damage to buildings has been reported.

Train services were briefly disrupted in the area."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/new-zealand-earthquake-latest-today-61-magntitud... ]

Meanwhile in Mexico: "At least 217 dead after powerful earthquake hits central Mexico" 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/19/mexico-city-earthquake-anniversary-1985 ]

And yet New Zealand is the one you cite?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

St3 wrote:

Seams like the worlds falling apart ...

seems to be falling apart at the seams !  Smiley

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Quote fixed.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Shocked

Thanks.

I did not know this, watched 20 mins of Sky news earlier on and they did not mention it specially. Just went on about football transfer fees as if they are as important.

Sad when I get better news updates on here (which is free), than I do on Sky (£80 per month).

DaveyH
Pro
Fixes: 7

Alex wrote:

Sad when I get better news updates on here (which is free), than I do on Sky (£80 per month).

There are other news channels, no one's forcing you to watch Sky News.

And why anyone would pay Sky £80 a month is beyond me. It's 2017, there's both competition and better alternatives.

Community Veteran

True @DaveyH

For the money I pay (a lot) and for how little I use it (hardly ever). I only really watch the news and repeats of old stuff when I am bored. I don't record anything (sometimes but rarely) and my TV has Freesat built in. Astra 28.2 so I can just use that. Or I could pop to my local Argos (10 mins on bus from here) and get a Freesat Recordy box as I have two dish feeds.

Just annoys me I watched 20 mins of news (I hadn't looked on the internet before then) from a company I pay quite a lot of £'s per month. Yep I know I could have looked at other channels - BBC News, CNN et al, but I just assumed they would have covered it.

Think I'll go for BBC News in future.

DaveyH
Pro

Sky news and other news channels are FTA, so if that's all you watch then that makes paying Sky £80 PCM even more ludicrous. 

You must have more money than sense.

Community Veteran

Yes,

I "upgraded" (i.e. pay more money) to Sky Sports - and the only thing I watch on there is F1. I find sports one of those things - I don't mind watching it but it is not going to bother me too much if I don't. I don't follow football or most other sports, so for me it is a waste of time.

Sky just [-Censored-]ed me off, when I think I pay them a lot of money per month, and their own news channel didn't cover it, talking about nonsense news.

Thanks to PlusNet and the person who posted (this is a Sky rant of mine not aimed at anyone else), but I assumed when a major event happens they would report it.

Oh well, a lesson learnt today.

DaveyH
Pro

Alex wrote:

I "upgraded" (i.e. pay more money) to Sky Sports - and the only thing I watch on there is F1. I find sports one of those things - I don't mind watching it but it is not going to bother me too much if I don't. 

Of which half the races are available FTA on channel 4...

Community Veteran

Yes I know - I don't think the last one was, so I guess it's like a £80 pay per view programme. Tongue

At least boxing is around £15-£16 I think.

Mind you why you'd pay that to see people hit each other is beyond me - if you're into that I know of a few local places where you can see it for free.

DaveyH
Pro

Yes there are plenty of 'questionable' methods to view stuff for free, but to boast about it and openly promote them on a forum is even more questionable IMO

Anonymous
N/A

It is also against forum rules: "Discussion of how to illegally file share, stream or bypass copyright is not allowed on these forums." - and has been reported as such.

Community Veteran

Oh dear, is the forum getting this bad Roll eyes

I'd better not post any YouTube TV show links then, as that is technically the same thing.

Fixes: 125

Moderator's note:

The post in question has been removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

DaveyH wrote:

Yes there are plenty of 'questionable' methods to view stuff for free, but to boast about it and openly promote them on a forum is even more questionable IMO

True, but I suspect being able to post on a forum means you're able to use Google, Newsgroups and the various copy-cat sites of a name I won't mention, which got a court ban. Well that one worked didn't it.

I see the mods have fallen for it and removed the post. Oh well. But as I say if I were to post a funny clip of a TV programme on YouTube, then I can't see how that has broken the rules any more than that post did. Technically that is sharing links to copyrighted material is it not?