Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tyres, again.

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 1

New Tyres, again.

I swear to all that's holy I don't seem to be getting more than about ten thousand miles out of the tyres on my Fiesta, so yet again I'm off the the garage later on this morning to have new ones fitted. 

£50 each? - at least probably but maybe I am buying cheap and deserve what I get but hey, it could be worse and find myself forking out for tyres on one of those SUV's.

Small mercies, but I suspect big potholes m'self.   

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Re: New Tyres, again.

Well that's the type of mileage you get if you are off to a flying start every time with your foot to the floor. Wink

I guess you are referring to your front tyres, seem to recall power steering can be heavy on car tyres, perhaps a change of make which might cost a few pounds more might be cheaper in the long run.

Plenty of spare tyres about these days. !

RobPN
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

@Minivanman

Have you thought about buying tyres online?  It's not as daft as it sounds - basically you buy/pay online and your tyres are delivered to a local tyre-fitting agency who then fit the tyres with nothing further to pay.

I know a couple of people who've used BlackCircles.com and say they've saved a few quid.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 20

I was just about to suggest the same thing as Rob above.
Last year I need a new tyre for my Fabia, while on holiday. Local quotes were in region of £65-£120. Went to Blackcircles got an all weather tyre for £45 fitted at a garage 3 miles away 2 days later. Same town I was looking for then in anyway.
harrym1byt
Rising Star

10,000 miles for a pair of front wheel tyres on a FWD car is very poor indeed. Might it be your driving style?

Pull away more gently, without any tyre slip - it can be faster. Don't turn the steering wheel, unless the car is actually rolling, it can scrub tread from tyres.

Fixes: 131

Get the tracking checked if you haven't already done so.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Recently changed the tyres on my Fabia for the first time since new.

2005 model, 27,000 miles on the clock.....

Minivanman
Seasoned Hero

Well all done now and I take some of it back as their records show I've done twenty thousand miles since the last change two years ago.

Does it make me feel better now that (including the tracking which was out) I'm £125 lighter?

Not really .Sad

I know where I am, I've been lost here before.
Champnet
Aspiring Pro

Regrettable cost to keep the license clean.....

2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 2

From 10,000 to 20,000 your calcs are a bit out Smiley time to give the bus pass some stick Smiley