cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

TTman
Pro
Posts: 343
Thanks: 189
Registered: ‎26-01-2019

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

@RobC  I think you missed the point of my post, I know about the problems with 'just in time deliveries' and brexit. It was more about the timing of this announcement seeing that a no deal s becoming more likely and the pronouncements that have been coming from Macron. Maybe it was to nuanced for you. See @wotsup 's post about the current situation of the motor manufacturers world wide and is he says it is not just down to brexit but the uncertainty in the industry.

@gleneagles I agree with what you say, I told @RobC  a long time ago that I have American relatives and none of them have three arms or four legs from eating the food there so it is scaremongering . They are very happy people and as for the NHS I dont think it is going to happen but as he thinks we are all gullable nothing will change and he will continue with the scare stories and ignor the facts.Roll eyesSmiley

RobC
Pro
Posts: 864
Thanks: 142
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

You mean like

 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2019/jul/24/millions-wasted-in-failed-nhs-hospital-closure-progr...

and

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/jul/23/new-uk-nuclear-plants-government-cost

 

and the pound dropping again - soon be at euro/dollar parity.

https://www.poundsterlinglive.com/gbp-live-today

https://www.dailyfx.com/gbp

 

where did that expected increase in exports on the fall of the £ vanish too eh?

 

 

So define some real world benefits ...

 

 

 

 

 

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
TTman
Pro
Posts: 343
Thanks: 189
Registered: ‎26-01-2019

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

@RobC Thanks just proved my point. To nuanced for you to aswer!!!

RobC
Pro
Posts: 864
Thanks: 142
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

"So define some real world benefits ..."

is still proving far too nuanced for you to answer I see?

 

 

You just spout the same old unsupported, Brexit [-Censored-] while avoiding any meaningful supported or supportable answers

- and of course try to accuse others of doing - the only thing you do..

 

So define some real world benefits of Brexit

Its very clear you CAN'T

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.
Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Community Veteran
Posts: 9,299
Thanks: 1,349
Fixes: 10
Registered: ‎02-08-2007

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

@RobC 

Upset no I am not upset.....here is a fact for you........31st October.

How many days left until then ?

The closer it gets the happier I get.....I guess the reverse is true for you.

After 31st October I guess there is no point in you posting anything on this topic, some might even suggest there is little point in you posting before that date as it alters nothing other than your blood pressure !

Have a nice day

Smiley

wotsup
Aspiring Champion
Posts: 529
Thanks: 575
Registered: ‎21-11-2018

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

I am getting fireworks together for midnight 31 October .....  will say that if we have not left by 5 November there will be fireworks.....

RobC
Pro
Posts: 864
Thanks: 142
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

These Fireworks?

 

See where Johnson won and the international markets opinion on the UK's prospects under his 'leadership

 

 

pound V Euro.jpgPound vs Euro

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
RobPN
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 1,961
Thanks: 662
Fixes: 4
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson


@RobC wrote:

 

So define some real world benefits of Brexit

 


Hopefully it'll put an end to inferior Dutch tomatoes being sold in the UK which aren't a patch on tastier English produce.

TTman
Pro
Posts: 343
Thanks: 189
Registered: ‎26-01-2019

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

@RobPN  Also our exports will be cheaper to buy!!!Thumbs Up

Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 900
Thanks: 256
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎25-07-2007

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson


@RobC wrote:

These Fireworks?

 

See where Johnson won and the international markets opinion on the UK's prospects under his 'leadership

 

Nothing surprising there. The City does not react favourably to uncertainty, one way or the other....


 

RobC
Pro
Posts: 864
Thanks: 142
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

Why were you buying Dutch tomatoes rather than British ones traitor?

 

Apart from the simple fact that local produce should be fresher,(distance transported produce is picked earlier to allow ripening during travel) they should also reduce transport pollution.

Just because they are there, doesn't mean you have to buy them.

 

 

 

There has been NO export boom due to the fall of the pound as already shown - you were asked and couldn't answer

- Duhh - do keep up - repeating the same fantasies doesn't make them true

 

 

That the best you could all come up with?

LMAO.gif

 

No wonder Brexit is a mess

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 900
Thanks: 256
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎25-07-2007

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson


@RobC wrote:

Apart from the simple fact that local produce should be fresher,(distance transported produce is picked earlier to allow ripening during travel) they should also reduce transport pollution.

Just because they are there, doesn't mean you have to buy them.

I have to agree.......


 

RobPN
Seasoned Champion
Posts: 1,961
Thanks: 662
Fixes: 4
Registered: ‎17-05-2013

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson


@RobC wrote:

Why were you buying Dutch tomatoes rather than British ones traitor?

 

... Just because they are there, doesn't mean you have to buy them.


I buy for flavour so for me that means buying English tomatoes. Therefore In general I try to avoid buying Dutch, but when there's a choice of only them or go without, even after trying another shop, I'll sometimes reluctantly buy them, but sometimes go without.

I'm sure you as a Europhile are a full-blown traitor and have no qualms about buying items of their inferior produce.

RobC
Pro
Posts: 864
Thanks: 142
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎03-12-2016

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson


@RobPN wrote:

when there's a choice of only them or go without, even after trying another shop, I'll sometimes reluctantly buy them

 

LOL

You could always but British tinned tomatoes or freeze them  ... if it really meant anything to you ...

 

https://oureverydaylife.com/522193-can-you-freeze-canned-diced-tomatoes.html

 

but of course - it just Brexs...

 

 

Back to a far more serious note, that chart I uploaded doesn't really show how bad it is

 

The GBP has always been one of the major international trade currencies ... 

Its now within 2% parity with the Euro and falling

 

That is really bad for us.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Posts: 900
Thanks: 256
Fixes: 2
Registered: ‎25-07-2007

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

It’s been worse, your chart doesn’t go back far enough....