cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

Seems like remainers want to change the way that when the governing political party ( given authority to rule by our reigning monarch ) selects a leader that leader becomes prime minister, it has been that way for centuries and they want to change it to suit their agenda.  When I vote I do not vote for a prime minister, I vote for the party I want to see in power.  If I want to see the government emptying the countrys coffers to bribe people to vote for them I would vote Labour. On the other hand if I want to see national debt and national borrowing reduce I vote Tory.  It is a sad fact that Labour politicians and voters seem to think monetary is spelt moneytree ( and often put 'magic' in front of it ). Labour keep spending until they run out of other peoples money.......

To keep saying that because a prime minister has not won an election they do not have a mandate is rubbish, the party has a mandate and that is transferred to whichever leader they choose, twas always thus.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@RobC 

If things are going to get that bad I guess you will be making plans to move to one of the many EU countries where everything is marvellous and all the population is happy with EU.

Smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

That's Nicola S on the war path again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49105538

I do wish this woman would give up, she has other things to do.

DaveyH
All Star

@wotsup wrote:

When I vote I do not vote for a prime minister, I vote for the party I want to see in power.  If I want to see the government emptying the countrys coffers to bribe people to vote for them I would vote Labour. On the other hand if I want to see national debt and national borrowing reduce I vote Tory.  It is a sad fact that Labour politicians and voters seem to think monetary is spelt moneytree ( and often put 'magic' in front of it ). Labour keep spending until they run out of other peoples money.......

Conveniently forgetting the Tories bribed a bunch of terrorists in order to form a government and Bozo's time as Mayor of London....

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 2

and will be paying them even more

But don't worry - Priti Patel and the less evil than her Dr Evil mini-me will get it from the NHS budget

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
wotsup
Aspiring Champion

@Mook wrote:

That's Nicola S on the war path again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-49105538

I do wish this woman would give up, she has other things to do.

Ah, the wee Ginger Krankie -  her only concern is that she can stay leader long enough so that it is her name that goes on the plaque if Scotland ever gains independence.  Be a shock to Scotland that they will have to pay their own bills in their own currency, especially when rest of UK withdraws their military bases and gets their ships made in England.   No Nicola you cannot keep the £, how many times do you have to be told, chances are you will be using the Euro if you stay / rejoin the EU when rest of UK is no longer a member - and EU will continue to plunder your fishing waters at will.

Community Veteran

And if Scotland did get independence that would be fun, how would they move their goods other than by sea or air ?

Imagine it, crossing the border by road into England a non EU member...all that paperwork...then through to a channel port, more paperwork to leave England and the same on the return journey ?

Best thing Bojo could do is push her on it, let her have the referrendum....if she wins....no problem.....simply use the same tactics that the remainers have used to try and block our attempts to leave the EU.

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

@gleneagles wrote:

And if Scotland did get independence that would be fun, how would they move their goods other than by sea or air ?

Imagine it, crossing the border by road into England a non EU member...all that paperwork...then through to a channel port, more paperwork to leave England and the same on the return journey ?

Best thing Bojo could do is push her on it, let her have the referrendum....if she wins....no problem.....simply use the same tactics that the remainers have used to try and block our attempts to leave the EU.

Yes and 85% of Irish trade with EU passes through UK ports....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44657460

Community Veteran

Second hottest day on record (38.1 in Cambridge) and the hottest July day on record. And that applies to the heat in Parliament as well.

Looks like BJ has stirred up his opposition today. He's also spoke to Junker and seems to have got a negative response.

Are we closer to a no deal than we were last week?

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

@artmo wrote:

Looks like BJ has stirred up his opposition today. He's also spoke to Junker and seems to have got a negative response.

Are we closer to a no deal than we were last week?

Junckers is like Bercow, hanging on to his post to do as much damage as possible to Brexit.. Wonder if Junckers was sober when Boris spoke to him or was using up his annual free drinks allowance before he leaves and has to buy his own.

Champnet
Seasoned Pro

@artmo wrote:

Looks like BJ has stirred up his opposition today. 

Do you mean the ‘we’ve-said-it-all-before-so-we’ll-boringly-say-it-all-again’ opposition ?

RobPN
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 4

@gleneagles wrote:

@wotsup wrote:

Yes and 85% of Irish trade with EU passes through UK ports....

Perhaps we'll be seeing the return of TIR (Transports Internationaux Routiers) plated trucks on English and Welsh roads as through-traffic carrying goods to and from RoI and Scotland to and from the European mainland. 

Anyone remember those?

TIR.png

Edit: link added

RobC
Pro

@gleneagles wrote:

LOL

You mean like the 'UK' does ?

Scotland might not have a chunnel, but they have ports and airports,

or do you; like certain other Brexiters; simply not realise how important Dover is?

I'm sure Scottish ports and airports would welcome the extra business - especially if Wales joined them, and Ireland reunited in the EU ....

Don't worry too much though - I'm sure as part of the EU they would quickly agree some free trade agreements with England in specific areas that suited them, and Scotland would quickly become a profitable staging point for goods to/from the EU.

Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 8

There was a TV programme recently about Brexit where the EU side stated quite frankly that they'd set out to make Brexit as difficult as possible in order to prevent other members leaving.  Like communism, if your system is so superior, why do you need to stop your people leaving?

RobC
Pro

@Jonpe wrote:

There was a TV programme recently about Brexit

and that is why Brexit has gone so bad and will get worse.

Brexiteers from top to bottom rely on misdirection, misunderstanding, rhetoric, fantasy, fallacy and outright lies.

Brexiters seem to work on the basis that 'we will get what we want just because we are we ... and we don't want to hear what we don't like and will shout over it.

Whereas others have business and process understanding, even if they dont like what that tells them,

and the EU (and Scotland) have plans based on science, reality and sense and are IMPLEMENTING them.

The EU is not jumping off a cliff into the unknown.

Johnson goes on about Dunkirk spirit - does he mean a major defeat and severe rationing is on the way?

Ah well - You can be sure Johnson wont go without.