cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

Well as the Preferred Bidder hasn’t been announced yet, why do you appear to have jumped on this particular bandwagon and headed West on it? That’s a rhetorical question I’m really not interested.

But as BS went in to liquidation on 22nd May BJ wasn’t even P.M. then but I guess it’s still all his fault, which is why you’ve posted it here.

Regardless of that, the rescue package put together by the Government is available to any potential buyer, be it Ataer, Liberty House or Greybull Capital to name some. A package put together to keep some 5,000 workers in a job but I guess that point eludes you.

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 2

Stop looking for excuses and actually read the articles. Then look at the background.

You might even begin to grasp the irony included in my post. (Unlikely as you missed the first three words in the reuters article 'The British Government)

Clues

Turkey

Vote leaves claims re Turkey

Why Turkey is interested in British Steel

Its there in the articles if you bother to pull your head out long enough to look.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Community Veteran

Well I for one have not been super glued to the Anti-Brexit soap box so I have way more better things to do than read article after article on something that I can have no influence over. Like Brexit it is what it is and we will all have to live with the outcome whatever it may be.

Maybe it’s time you moved on and channelled your research elsewhere, assuming you can actually get off the soap box, but somehow I doubt it.

The count down has started...

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

@Mook 

Best thing ( or the worst from his point of view ) you can do is to ignore RobC elaborate rants.....

Community Veteran

@wotsup I have every intention of doing so in the future. The thing about kicking a dead horse is no matter how many times you try, or how hard you hit it, it's still a dead horse and it's not going to get up and move on. It is what it is.

Luzern
Champion
Fixes: 5

TBH I believe all should move on from argument, and post only if something really interesting comes up, without name  calling either side's protagonists.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
RobC
Pro

@Mook wrote:

I have way more better things to do than read article after article

or even the first three words of one of the two linked - which is far less than the text of your reply where you asked for clarification

- despite the answer to what you asked effectively being in those first three words.

Cool smiley

Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

RobPN
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 4

Hmm ... damned browser ... I can't seem to find the down-vote button ... 

Champnet
Seasoned Pro

Let’s just refer these contributors to message 303.

Community Veteran

The US is suggesting a trade deal can be in place the day after Brexit.

UK US Trade Deal

It will be interesting to see the details that are in the final agreement.

RobC
Pro

@Mook wrote:

Well I for one have not been super glued to the Anti-Brexit soap box so I have way more better things to do than read article after article ...

Thats obvious,

Clearly to glued to the Brexit soapbox to actually read anything more than superficially

..  perhaps a few seconds glancing at Daily Mail/Express headlines or Vote Leave facebook ads

.... as long as they seem to say what you want to hear that is.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@RobC 

Given the chance to appoint you as PM or Corbyn it would be a hard choice to make.

I suspect if I asked you to list the advantages of leaving the EU the answer would likely be None.

Very few topics have a 100% positive side, it would be a brave or foolish person to claim they were 100% correct.

Time will answer most of the questions raised in this topic.

One thing we can both agree on, no one on this forum will change the path we are on irrespective of their views, further opinions on the topic are pointless imo as they simply repeat ad nauseam the same things over again

RobC
Pro

@gleneagles wrote:

@RobC 

I suspect if I asked you to list the advantages of leaving the EU the answer would likely be None.

Roll eyes

Yet I have actually come up with more than you lot, limited though that is

.. Now haven't I

Cool smiley

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@RobC 

What ?

You have come up with more advantages of leaving the EU than us lot ?

When did you see the light ?

Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@artmo wrote:

The US is suggesting a trade deal can be in place the day after Brexit.

UK US Trade Deal

It will be interesting to see the details that are in the final agreement.

@artmo    Ah yes, but.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49348062

The more a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it -- George Orwell.

Beware "alternative facts".

"Nineteen Eighty-Four" is set in Landing Strip, which is understood to be Great Britain in the future, a division of Oceania, a superstate that is continually at war with other superstates. Currently being organised by an American administration near you.