Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

Luzern
Champion
Fixes: 5

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

@wotsup I write as I mean, not what the person reading takes it to mean. Odd. what? But you must believe as you will.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Jonpe
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 8

@TTman wrote:

Boris has made his first appointment ...Mark Spencer Chief Whip

I thought it was a misspelt part of his hurriedly written lunch order: Marks and Spencer Cheese Whip.

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

Slightly off topic but just showing what a weasel word 'democracy or democrat' has become - and what BoJo is up against - Jo Swinson barely has her feet under the desk of 'leader of the liberal democrats' when she spouts that she will not accept the result of any second referendum unless remain wins, if leave wins she and her party will continue to campaign for remain...

to paraphrase Donald Tusk 'there is a special place in hell for people who do not respect democracy' - well the devil is busy extending his fiery dungeons to accommodate not only the LibDums but the EU commission and most of the parliamentary Labour party and its membership.....

https://order-order.com/2019/07/23/jo-swinson-wont-accept-result-second-referendum/

Luzern
Champion
Fixes: 5

@wotsup wrote:

Slightly off topic but just showing what a weasel word 'democracy or democrat' has become - and what BoJo is up against - Jo Swinson barely has her feet under the desk of 'leader of the liberal democrats' when she spouts that she will not accept the result of any second referendum unless remain wins, if leave wins she and her party will continue to campaign for remain...

to paraphrase Donald Tusk 'there is a special place in hell for people who do not respect democracy' - well the devil is busy extending his fiery dungeons to accommodate not only the LibDums but the EU commission and most of the parliamentary Labour party and its membership.....

https://order-order.com/2019/07/23/jo-swinson-wont-accept-result-second-referendum/

@wotsup  I would say it depends on what brand of democracy you ascribe to, whether the word is weasley.

I am for the representative type, which has served us well for a long time; you I guess for something else, which I think is more dangerous.

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
RobC
Pro
Fixes: 2

@wotsup 

LOL

That IS the libdem policy - and has consistently been their policy.

You should more expect libdems to vote for Brexit, than you would expect any Brexit/ukip members (if there were any) to vote Remain

- whatever any referendum result was - as stated quite clearly by Farage.

The Brexit campaigns made many promises they very quickly broke

The Tories have continued to break many promises

The libdems broke one in coalition - and appear to have learned their lesson.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
RobPN
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 4

@RobC wrote:

You should more expect libdems to vote for Brexit, than you would expect any Brexit/ukip members (if there were any) to vote Remain

@RobC 

So given the above, overall we could expect more voting for Brexit than for remain?  Roll eyes

RobC
Pro

You KNOW thats not true

About 20-25% TOPS is all you Brexiters will get next vote.

and 5-10% of that will be people who foolishly still believe the lies.

and you think Johnson isn't aware of that ...

LOL

Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

RobPN
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 4

Rubbish.

The way I read what you wrote led me to that conclusion.

Read your statement slowly and think about what you wrote carefully as you read.  Roll eyes

Baldrick1
Hero
Fixes: 85

So if we had another referendum and stay won, once the foolishness of the decision was realised say in 3 years time, can we have another referendum? Or would that be undemocratic?

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

People resigning before they are sacked.  Due to their efforts to foil brexit they do not have a snowball in hells chance of remaining on front bench and they know it....sad losers.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

This is the front page of this weeks issue of Private Eye Funny

Private-Eye.jpegPrivate Eye 8th Aug 2019 No. 1501

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Bojo is a great PR(Public Relations) man, that's one of the main reasons he got the job, what he will do now is to task others with delivering Brexit, if they fail they will simply be replaced so the failure rests with them and not Bojo.

Reminds me of a quote by Thomas Machulay....'The difference between lying and deceiving : Metternich told lies all the time and never deceived anyone.  Talleyrand never told a lie and deceived the whole world.'

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@Mook 

I am not on facebook so cannot give a link but there is a picture of Bojo saluting next to a picture of Benny Hill in a Bellboy uniform giving the same salute.

No doubt there will be many such pictures in the coming days.

Community Veteran

So BJ has been to the Palace, been asked to form a government and given a competent speech from the steps of Downing Street.

Now we have to await the details about his team and then get some flesh put on the bones of the announcements he made. It was particularly good to hear him say that social care would be sorted long term.

He has now started to have discussions at the House of Commons with MPs who will be hearing if they still have a job. We should be hearing about the first appointments in the next few hours.

RobC
Pro

@wotsup 

LOL

That IS the libdem policy - and has consistently been their policy.

You should NO more expect libdems to vote for Brexit, than you would expect any Brexit/ukip members (if there were any) to vote Remain

- whatever any referendum result was - as stated quite clearly by Farage.

The Brexit campaigns made many promises they very quickly broke

The Tories have continued to break many promises

The libdems broke one in coalition - and appear to have learned their lesson.

Corrected

.. No went missing