cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

Community Veteran

New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

So we all know who won the election and becomes our next Prime Minister.

BJ has a major task ahead. What will he do first?

Initially he will have to select his cabinet and it will be interesting to see who he offers jobs to, especially the four major offices of  State.

Once the government is formed obviously the first big task is Brexit. Interesting times ahead.

311 REPLIES 311
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

@artmo wrote:

Interesting times ahead.

Or maybe some scary times ahead!

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

A bit hesitant to post as Artmo is watching and I may well have exceeded my quota for today....

I will try tomorrow ...

TTman
Pro

Boris has made his first appointment ...Mark Spencer Chief Whip...voted remain in referendum!

Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Any thoughts on the next general election ? I heard several TV pundits today suggesting September.

Luzern
Champion
Fixes: 5

@wotsup wrote:

A bit hesitant to post as Artmo is watching and I may well have exceeded my quota for today....

I will try tomorrow ...

I'm sure you'll  be trying for a considerable time!Wink (No malice intended)Smiley

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 41

Do you really think Bobo J will call an election just after getting his podgy hands on his life long dream? I can't see it myself, unless he makes a total hash of things and there's a revolt and we all know how revolting politicians are.

Luzern
Champion

In the Guardian The Lithuanian health commissioner, Vytenis Andriukaitis, wrote in a blogpost published on the European commission website: 

“It is a different Boris, of course, but there was something in the way of doing politics that was similar: many unrealistic promises, ignoring economic rationales and rational decisions.These decisions led to a new autocratic constitution and finally paved the way to Vladimir Putin.
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
RobC
Pro

Anyway, thats more than long enough.

Time for a vote of no confidence, a new PM and a new thread.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Community Veteran

@Champnet wrote:

Any thoughts on the next general election ? I heard several TV pundits today suggesting September.

I can't see a September election. Nothing will be done by then so he would be very vulnerable.

He has to consider his very fragile majority which could be cut even further next week with the Brecon & Radnorshire by-election.

There is also the issue of the support of the DUP. The agreement with them is coming up for renegotiation and who knows what demands they will make.

@wotsup No worries your posts are always welcome.

RobC
Pro

DUP to demand more cash for propping up Tories 'in coming weeks' in early warning to Boris Johnson

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Champnet
Seasoned Pro

They will expect, and get, an open cheque.

Luzern
Champion

My post #8 was interrupted

Link to blog post

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

Bojo majority will be boosted by nervous Labour MPs in northern leave constituencies who are horror struck by the new remain path their party is taking - well at least Labour have at last taken a position after sitting on the fence for 3 years.  Labour is in no position to fight a General election anytime soon...

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

@Luzern wrote:

I'm sure you'll  be trying for a considerable time!Wink (No malice intended)Smiley

In my experience whenever someone feels the need to qualify  a comment with no offence intended, or no disrespect intended, no malice intended that is exactly what they mean.....