Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

Highlighted
Champnet
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: New Prime Minister - Boris Johnson

Let’s just refer these contributors to message 303.

Community Veteran

The US is suggesting a trade deal can be in place the day after Brexit.

UK US Trade Deal

It will be interesting to see the details that are in the final agreement.

RobC
Pro

@Mook wrote:

Well I for one have not been super glued to the Anti-Brexit soap box so I have way more better things to do than read article after article ...

Thats obvious,

Clearly to glued to the Brexit soapbox to actually read anything more than superficially

..  perhaps a few seconds glancing at Daily Mail/Express headlines or Vote Leave facebook ads

.... as long as they seem to say what you want to hear that is.

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit
Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@RobC 

Given the chance to appoint you as PM or Corbyn it would be a hard choice to make.

I suspect if I asked you to list the advantages of leaving the EU the answer would likely be None.

Very few topics have a 100% positive side, it would be a brave or foolish person to claim they were 100% correct.

Time will answer most of the questions raised in this topic.

One thing we can both agree on, no one on this forum will change the path we are on irrespective of their views, further opinions on the topic are pointless imo as they simply repeat ad nauseam the same things over again

RobC
Pro

@gleneagles wrote:

@RobC 

I suspect if I asked you to list the advantages of leaving the EU the answer would likely be None.

Roll eyes

Yet I have actually come up with more than you lot, limited though that is

.. Now haven't I

Cool smiley

Other than: Bankrupt businesses, Devalued currency, Chlorine bleached chicken, Climate Science Denial, Milk from infected udders and the NHS sold to US pharmaceuticals and insurance companies?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

@RobC 

What ?

You have come up with more advantages of leaving the EU than us lot ?

When did you see the light ?

Wink

Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

@artmo wrote:

The US is suggesting a trade deal can be in place the day after Brexit.

UK US Trade Deal

It will be interesting to see the details that are in the final agreement.

@artmo    Ah yes, but.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49348062

The more a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it -- George Orwell.

Beware "alternative facts".

"Nineteen Eighty-Four" is set in Landing Strip, which is understood to be Great Britain in the future, a division of Oceania, a superstate that is continually at war with other superstates. Currently being organised by an American administration near you.
RobC
Pro

@gleneagles wrote:

Corbyn

Corbyn?

Not sure why you seem to have such a low opinion of him.

Says little but ideological waffle, what little he does say is intended to deceive and mislead, and nothing matters but his own ideology whatever others have to pay for it ..

... sounds like a Brexiter to me.

(ah - thats why)

... and Corbyn is and always has been your best hope for Brexit.

If it wasn't for Corbyn, Brexit would already be little more than a dark stain in the discarded old underwear of our nation, reminisced about by only by those that like that sort of thing.

wotsup
Aspiring Champion

Boris ends supremacy of EU law......something Theresa May conveniently forgot to do....nothing to do with not wanting to leave I bet Roll eyes

https://order-order.com/2019/08/16/boris-set-end-supremacy-eu-law-days/

And Sarah Wollaston may not be a candidate for libdums in Totnes come next election,  serves you right you treacherous bovine...

https://order-order.com/2019/08/16/sarah-wollaston-may-not-lib-dem-candidate-next-election/

RobC
Pro

and Johnson and his 'government vindicate the facts behind what brexiters and even today some Kwasi-politicians call project fear

Only now they call it Yellowhammer, although The Times calls it Operation Chaos

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/no-deal-brexit-planning-assumptions-the-leaked-operation-yel...

oh look - there is a bright side defined:

"In a small number of instances where the impacts of Brexit would be felt negatively in the EU as well as in the UK, member states may act in a way that could benefit the UK"

Now that is irony

Straight from the Cobras' mouth  ....

Fixes: 308

Moderator's note(s):

Several posts with offensive images (along with any direct replies) have been removed.

Posting such images is not in the spirit of a family-friendly forum as well as breaking the Forum Rules regarding explicit images.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

The dossier is old and since being drawn up the government has accelerated its preparations.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49388402

The PM has had several conversations this week with European leaders and will be meeting Merkel and Macron this coming week when he visits Europe.