cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Police Commissioner

Community Veteran

New Police Commissioner

A new person has been appointed as Police Commissioner at Scotland Yard. It's the first female appointed as head of the Force and she becomes the UK's most senior officer.

New Police Commissioner

10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Re: New Police Commissioner

Cressida Dick Common Purpose graduate http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7929210.stm

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 7

I couldn't care less about police commissioners to be quite honest.

In a time when Cameron was saying we're skint, we're all in this together, we need to be sensible, we need cuts... What the hell was he doing then creating tons of new jobs with salaries of £80k+ ?

Anyone?

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Community Veteran

You're getting confused. You are referring to the Police & Crime Commissioners I think.

FYI the Police Commissioner being referred to here is the head of the Metropolitan Police. Her counterparts in other parts of the country are called Chief Constables.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Something ironic about the surname. Is there an equivalent irony for a male taking up a 'female' post? The PC police prevent me from suggesting a couple.

Mind you, and this to totally true, I was once given a parking ticket by a female warden that had the surname Parker. She had the audacity to follow me around the car park as I was looking for a space, and then booked me when I stopped on a double yellow to unload a 26" Television. Happy to report I was not polite to her, or that she knew what an Aufseherinnen was. Smiley

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

artmo wrote:

You're getting confused. You are referring to the Police & Crime Commissioners I think..

Good point and yes i had got muddled. Either way my point about police and crime commissioners stands.. but just not in this thread lol.

Jonpe
Seasoned Pro

@7up  the reason he created "tons of new jobs with salaries of £80k+" is that he had friends.

@Minivanman  Re. the new police commissioner's surname:  We've had several in the past who've sometimes been referred to by the head, now we have one whose name refers to the entire organ.  An equivalent for a male?  I'm not so sure but I used to travel past a business in London called Caunt and Son, and guess which letter would go missing on a regular basis.

By the way, Aufseherinnen is the plural, she was probably only an Aufseherin.

Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Thanks for the correction Thumbs Up

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

Jonpe wrote:

@7up  the reason he created "tons of new jobs with salaries of £80k+" is that he had friends.

Yes I'm obviously aware of that.. what I don't understand is how the hell he got away with it. He fell on his sword over a vote about Europe but taking the P out of his own country and its people did nothing but boost him. Odd.

Luzern
Pro

Minivanman wrote:

Something ironic about the surname. Is there an equivalent irony for a male taking up a 'female' post? The PC police prevent me from suggesting a couple.

Mind you, and this to totally true, I was once given a parking ticket by a female warden that had the surname Parker. She had the audacity to follow me around the car park as I was looking for a space, and then booked me when I stopped on a double yellow to unload a 26" Television. Happy to report I was not polite to her, or that she knew what an Aufseherinnen was. Smiley

With name like that, I wonder how she is on transgender hate crime!

No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.