cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Plastic Fiver Going Cheap

Community Veteran

New Plastic Fiver Going Cheap

There was a bit in the news about this but it was only half the story. Look how much daft collectors paid for this one.

Inflation gone silly

He is doing well though. Being a collector himself I suppose he thought it was worth a punt.

Check out his current auctions and look at the thousands he's made in completed auctions.

Of course being ebay I assume some are unpaid but his still done well.

4 REPLIES
Minivanman
Hero
Fixes: 1

Re: New Plastic Fiver Going Cheap

I must be missing something here, why the heck are people paying over the odds for a fiver that is only worth, well a fiver?

Interesting about those consecutive ones though as I have four consecutive one pounds notes in mint condition. I wonder if they are worth a fiver? Smiley 

All views expressed are my own but you can express them too if you want to be right about everything like I am.
Community Veteran

I have to agree with you as I don't get it either. Probably why he was out there virtually on his own making a killing.

I mean in a few weeks banks will be full of them. A women paid for something today in a charity shop with one and we all had a good look. So I don't quite get what their paying extra for. I could understand paying that for gold sovereigns or old Roman gold coins but a bit of plastic.

If the mint is paying attention when the tens and twenties come out maybe the first thousand off the press will get offered to collectors. A government extra money making scheme just like car number plates.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Minivanman wrote:

I must be missing something here, why the heck are people paying over the odds for a fiver that is only worth, well a fiver?

Interesting about those consecutive ones though as I have four consecutive one pounds notes in mint condition. I wonder if they are worth a fiver? Smiley 

Put em on ebay..... right now.... those collectors are obviously on the hunt for things like that... and YOU could make a killing on them....

(10% my way please ! )

Fixes: 47

There was a commotion at a checkout in my local Iceland today.

A customer had offered one of these new £5 notes as payment for her purchases.

There wasn't a problem as such, just a gaggle of women discussing the note which was being held aloft for all to gaze at in awe and admiration.

Eventually the group moved off and I was able to pay for my purchases with a far more mundane plastic card.

Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation