cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Parking Regulations

tiddles
Grafter

New Parking Regulations

New parking regulations come into force in England and Wales tomorrow (31st March)
http://www.tandridge.gov.uk/news/news.htm?mode=10&pk_news=259
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: New Parking Regulations

Make sure you park close to the kerb too ! ! 
They will have the power to enforce some additional parking contraventions including parking
more than 50cm from the kerb.

so to be on the safe side, make sure your tyres are touching the kerb.... ! !  Roll eyes
that will take some doing in tight parking slots with not much room to manouver back and forth. Cheesy
pierre_pierre
Grafter

go on 50 cm aint far of 20 inches, room to get an tank in there  (Fish tank naturally)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Naturally....  Cheesy
I always carry a fish tank around in the boot, for just such an occasion!.... Grin Cheesy
glyndev
Grafter

Quote from: shutter
so to be on the safe side, make sure your tyres are touching the kerb.... ! !  Roll eyes

Then they will try doing you for parking on the kerb.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

dont get into that argument, cause in some places and the Highway code it is legal and in Parts of London with narrow streets a requirement
glyndev
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
dont get into that argument, cause in some places and the Highway code it is legal and in Parts of London with narrow streets a requirement

That has just reminded me of a news item in my local newspaper a couple of months ago.
A resident saw parking enforcement officers putting parking tickets on cars that where parked partly on the pavement along the busy A61 through Birdwell in Barnsley.
When asked why only selected cars where being ticketed they where told that "the ones being ticketed are parked with more than 2/3rds of the width of the car over the pavement. Less than that and they are OK".
The resident took a photo of the PEO's van, which was published in the newspaper, more than 2/3rds of the van over the pavement. I wonder if they ticketed themselves ?? Wink