cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New PN Building

pcoventry76
Grafter

New PN Building

Just had a chance to stop outside the front door and it looks nicer than arena building did - do you have all of it or just the floor where the signage is?
Good location too
Pete
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 159

Re: New PN Building

We have the bottom 4 floors Cheesy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
pcoventry76
Grafter

Sorry i read that just after i posted this  Roll eyes
LiamM
Grafter

Above is flats....
pcoventry76
Grafter

Hmm, so if i buy a flat above you can i have a link into your central?
That would rock..
Community Veteran

Hmm.
FTTO (below)
Wink
B.
James
Grafter

I have FTTD.
pcoventry76
Grafter

well you would seeing as your sat in the same building as all the BW!
I'm going to get my RV out and park in the car park thus giving me FTTMH
Smiley
alanb
Grafter

Quote from: pcoventry76
Hmm, so if i buy a flat above you can i have a link into your central?
That would rock..

Been there, done that!
A company that I used to work for needed to connect an office in Latin America into our global data network. Equant, our global telecomms supplier was in the same building, so they dangled a cable out of a window to our office on a lower floor. That was the quickest provisioning of a frame-relay service that Equant ever did for us. (They did eventually install it correctly.)
pcoventry76
Grafter

awesome!  Grin
alanb
Grafter

This sort of stuff goes on all the time in some countries, it's part of the 'fun' of working for a large multi-national. In some places you can wait forever for national telephone companies to provision circuits. Even if you use an independent global telecomms supplier like Equant, you're still very dependent on the local telephone companies to provide circuits from your local premises to Equant's local premises.
We often had to rely on microwave links to solve this. I've lost count of the number of times these turned out to be either unauthorised or just plain illegal. And, of course, if somebody else starts using the same radio frequency or constructs a new building between your microwave antennae, you can lose your comms link without any recourse or anyone to appeal to.
We had an IT bod in one overseas subsidiary who showed amazing audacity in dealing with the slow response from his local telephone company. He was trying to arrange for a leased line to be installed between two building on opposite sides of the road. After a year of waiting for the telephone company to act, we were all feeling very frustrated. For those of us in the UK it was probably made worse by the fact that the overseas IT bod could never give us any information on when the circuit might be operational.
Then suddenly, one day, completely unexpectedly, he announced that the problem was solved and the circuit was operational. It took us some months to get the full story from him, but we did eventually learn that he'd arranged for (possibly bribed) some contractors to dig a trench across a public highway and had laid his own optical fibre between the buildings.
pcoventry76
Grafter

good man! lol