Fixes: 321

Re: New PC Frustration

Ahhh...the Big Green Parcel Machine Undecided
Quote from: nadger
Let's start a poll on whether Strat's pc arrives today  Roll_eyes

If it doesn't I'll be off to Rotherham to rattle someone's cage Angry

Tracking History
Date Time Message
24/02/11 07:45 These goods have been loaded onto a van for delivery today. They had better be
24/02/11 05:12 These goods have successfully arrived at the Depot ready for delivery.
23/02/11 12:44 These goods have been successfully delivered. Oh no they haven't
23/02/11 07:19 These goods have been loaded onto a van for delivery today. Most have but not all
23/02/11 03:29 These goods have successfully arrived at the Depot ready for delivery.
22/02/11 18:29 These goods have been scanned at the collection Depot and are now on route to the delivery Depot.

Customer and Forum Moderator. Windows 10 Firefox 69.0.3 (64-bit)

Life is tough enough without adding Linux into the mix.
nadger
Rising Star

I was told that my laptop was at DHL in Milton Keynes so went there only to find that it was with their home delivery service at woman's house half a mile from mine  Sad
Right in one about the company although only popped in once to their Sheffield HO.
Have to say that they were brilliant payers in that I invoiced previous weeks work, on a Monday, and it was in my business account two Wednesdays later.

The company I worked at oscillated between using Tuffnells and  Nightfreight.
When one carrier had lost more than about 3 or 4 machines we changed to the other and so on back and forth. Each time the respective company assured us that procedures had been tightened.
The price of each machine could be in excess of £1000.
Insurance took care of the financial lose but we still had angry customers to appease.

Community Veteran

I ordered a new PVR from Humax last week.  They said they would deliver the next day and give me a 1 hour delivery window.  On the day I got a text to say delivery would be between 12.50pm and 1.50pm.  Sure enough it arrived at 1.10pm.  Great service from Interlink Smiley

I've had stuff delivered by Interlink before and found them very good at keeping the customer informed and delivering on time. Smiley

Well the PC's finally arrived and the City Link driver said "you'd have thought they'd have sent it all together"
According to the supplier they did. Well we'll never know the truth and it matters not. Roll_eyes

David_W
Rising Star

I currently refuse to purchase from any store that uses City Link as their delivery, they are just the worst possible company in the country.  I've had items go missing for days before being delivered, a "we called but you wasn't in" when really the driver just couldn't be bothered to deliver, things like that so the company I usually use (Aria) has lost out on hundreds of pounds worth of trade, probably thousands of pounds from other customers who refuse to deal with City Link.
On the other hand, I purchased a 3D Monitor (120hz, not 3D ready but nVidia 3D) and specs from Scan, their delivery people let me know when to expect my package (between 4:10 and 5:10pm) and arrived on time, plus the cost was a lot less than I'd have expected for delivery from CL.  So yep, City Link are evil, I'd even choose Royal Mail 2nd class delivery over City Link.
nadger
Rising Star

Did new computer live up to your expectations, Dick?

I wasn't expecting great things as the graphics are a downgrade from my old one (won't be swapping over though).
The case has a large window in it's side so now I'm going to have to buy pretty illuminated fans and lighting ::). I can see one illuminated fan in there already.
It's quiet and everything seems to work as expected including USB 2 ports :). I haven't tested the USB 3 ports Cool as I don't have anything compatible to plug in.
Oh...and videos on Youtube and IMDB now work. Haven't a clue why they stopped working on the old machine Undecided and had to phone up Microsoft's wonderful automated activation service last night to re-activate my Office 2007.