cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Headphones.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 44

New Headphones.

I spend quite a lot of time using headphones, either watching tv ( cos the missus watches different channel to me on another telly ) .. or watching Music Videos on the computer.

About 10 years ago.. I bought a pair of headphones from the 1970`s   big ear pads , with slider volume controls on each earpiece,.... and a long curly lead. Absolutely brilliant sound  but after about an hour... they tended to be a bit too heavy.!...

Over the intervening years, I have bought several other "lighter" types..  with large earpieces/padded, but the sound quality was always somewhat lacking.  I broke one pair, and another went duff.. so I managed to deconstruct them both, and made one working pair, using nuts and bolts to keep the headband stiff enough to be useful.. (sort of sandwich between the old and not so old, held together with 2mm bolts and nuts ! ! )

So... I thought... stop being a Yokshurman,... and have a look for something decent.. and charge it up to being a new Christmas prezzie ! .

Searched on Ebay.. and found some that looked the part.... 

headphones.png

bonus was the fact that they had 50mm earphone speakers, compared to most of the others at 35mm or 40mm giving a tinny sound....

Got them a couple of days ago... and was surprised at how light they are compared to my orlginal BIG EARS phones.. and also the sound quality is really really good..

These headphones are typically for use with a DJ deck, so the earpads have a double action swivel and can be "turned out" so that "normal" hearing in that ear can be heard...  ( also makes them semi-foldable so take up less room if stored in a drawer or somewhere)

headphones folded.png

They have TWO leads with them and two different size jack socket ( one each ear.) 1 quarter inch jack and one 3.5mm jack socket

headphones 2.png

The pic shows two leads, with a quarter inch jack.... but mine came with one lead as a  double ended 3.5 mm jack , one end with three rings, and the other end with four rings...  and ... the quarter inch jack with a 3.5mm 3 ring jack on it.

Not sure if you can specify the leads, (I didn`t)...

Anyway... I just wanted to pass on the story, if anyone else is looking for a really good... and cheap... pair of headphones....

Cheap ?   yeah... but not in quality of the construction....  Mine were £19.88 on this page on Ebay.. seems he has put them up a pound since I got mine ! ..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OneOdio-Studio-Pro-10-Wired-Shareable-DJ-Stereo-Monitor-Headset-Headphone...

Yes... you can get them on AMAZON... but you will pay another £10 for the same item... ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/OneOdio-Headphones-Monitoring-Neodymium-Headsets-Standard-Version/dp/B01MZH...

Incidentally,... you can "reverse" use the quarter inch/3.5mm lead... so you can plug in the quarter inch end in the phones, or the remote sound source... or you can use the quarter inch end, in the remote sound source, and the 3.5mm end in the other headphone earpiece. ..

7 REPLIES 7
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 56

Re: New Headphones.

Nice looking gear, @shutter . Fortunately, being a single bloke with a deafish neighbour one side and an empty property the other, I can have my music quite loud if need be, but if I needed them, I would go on your recommendation.👍

John
Hero
Fixes: 5

@shutter 

Would they be OK for split-screen-TV watchers?  If so there's a poster on here who might find them useful !!  Cheesy

Community Veteran

Yes... You can have two entirely different inputs ... one on each ear ! ! ...Smiley

Hero
Fixes: 5

Yep, I read that in your OP @shutter , that's why I asked!

But not for me, I was selflessly thinking of someone else  who informed us many times of that peculiar habit of his!  Azn

Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 1

Same hear @shutter 

See what I did there? 😄

Only mine are sort of same size and price but blue tooth so no cable and sit on a stand by the TV when not it use from where they can be recharged each week if needs be. The tiny transmitter that plugs into the back of the TV flashes red and blue when the headphones are turned off so less danger of having a flat battery the following day. 

Ain't technology wonderful, and so much better than that ear trumpet - although to be fair, that didn't need any batteries!  

PS. Also great for not missing the news or knowing when those adverts have ended when out in the kitchen making a cuppa as they have quite a good range on them.

Don't limit the friends you haven't met with arguments you'll never have.
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 6

Good taste @shutter. Well I would say that as during the summer I bought exactly the same item but in Golden Gray. Very good sound quality. After a few months though the sound started to sound a bit naff but then I found it was due to the headphone socket wearing out so I bought a USB headphone adapter. Both come highly recommended.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Community Veteran

@idonno I think you can also get them in "brown"   !... 

As for that plug-in device... PM me with more details on how it works/improves sound quality... as the description is not all that clear on the EBAY page..

cheers