cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forum for technical issues like radio, audio, TV etc

Community Veteran

New Forum for technical issues like radio, audio, TV etc

What happened to the idea of setting up a new forum for technical issues, such as radio, mobile phones, TV, Satellite TV, audio, hifi, WiFi etc.
I forget who originally suggested it - one of the moderators ? ?.
12 REPLIES
Fixes: 47

Re: New Forum for technical issues like radio, audio, TV etc

Seconded.
Maybe it's technically challenging for the web developers Wink
Customer and Forum Moderator.
Product of the Tyrell Corporation
Community Veteran

I kind of wonder if actually what we really need is a 'serious questions' general chit-chat forum. If you look in this current forum, the threads tend to be of two different types: ones that are just generally chatting, and ones where a poster needs some advice or wants to discuss something specific, but it's something that doesn't fit anywhere else. The purpose is quite similar to Mal's suggest, but I'm thinking that mine would cover other things too such as, say, car problems.
Community Veteran

Hate to admit it but I am in two other forums, one specific to my car and one to do with digital tv, digitalspy. As I like the Plus Net forum best it would be nice to have everything in one place.
Community Veteran

I'm thinking up all the car puns I can right now just in case we need to go off-topic Grin Grin  Wheel have to watch it you know or we might steer in the wrong direction Wink
Community Veteran

I feel, such  a forum would maybe consist mainly of links to posts on other forums, like digitalspy, avforums and moneysavingexpert.
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Personally, I think it would be a shame to change "chit chat" much of its attraction is the gentle way (usually anyway) of once a question has been answered (and they usually are) off-topics can become very amusing.
Experience; is something you gain, just after you needed it most.

When faced with two choices, simply toss a coin. It works not because it settles the question for you. But because in that brief moment while the coin is in the air. You suddenly know what you are hoping for.
Community Veteran

it would have been one of my suggestions with regards to the new proposed forum structure.. and possibly after I spoke about building a slim jim for amateur bands ( I managed to get my co-linear for 2/70 back up btw Wink )
I'll now be looking to get a 6M set and will probably build something for that as commercially available stuff is hard to come by and generally expensive!

Community Veteran

That was it - the 2M Slim Jim thread - but I couldn't find it !! - can you and provide a link please ?.
Community Veteran

Community Veteran

Mal,
For searching the forums use site:community.plus.net in google search box and hit enter you go here
If you add slim jim..... site:community.plus.net slim jim it takes you to thread you were looking for here
Remember. Google is your friend
Community Veteran

Thanks Mr Twit  Smiley Wink
[edit Actually it might help if that was in a sticky help file ?
or is it already and I didn't RTFM  ?
Community Veteran

Shh, keep it to your self  Lips are sealed
we are not supposed to use Google but should continue to insist the forum search is improved  Undecided