cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Dragon

community
Grafter

New Dragon

I didn't want to intrude on the recent thread re Duncan Bannatyne.
But , of those who have seen the new episode, how many would agree that the seating placement of the latest addition to the team is apt.
She certainly comes over as being of the same strain of person (I chose that word very carefully!) as Bannatyne.
After seeing him again and seeing also his 'tweet' it confirms to me how ruthless some multi-millionaires are.
Fortunately, having spent many years meeting other rich business tycoons, I know that the good ones far outnumber these who have no real interest in people but will become 'dragons' in the pursuit of money.
11 REPLIES
jmd
Grafter

Re: New Dragon

I thought it was obvious she was not worried about telling the applicants what they had to do or what she thought about them! 
Steve
Pro

There Is something about her that I just don't like but I cant quite put my finger on It.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

deleted, wrong company
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@journeys radio2 mentioned she runs a pallet firm, which if you move anything you need them
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Forgetting to take the coat hanger out of her dress was a mistake.
itsme
Grafter

Obviously we need logistics to keep businesses rolling but are they entrepreneurs that can spot a good idea ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

It matters not whether they can spot a good idea.... what matters is that "they" get a lot of "kudos" from being on the program.... their name gets known throughout the business world, and (shall we say) gives them some "influence"...

"THEY" are not risking public money, only their own.... so if the don`t spot  , or make a mistake by saying "I`m out!".... then that is their loss....
The "dragoness".... decided to set up/operate her pallet business in LEICESTER.... as it is the centre of the UK.... so driver hours and distances can be scheduled better, than having a "north or south" warehouse situation.
I was "dragged up"  (as we say) in Leicester, and consider it an excellent choice.....
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Whilst it is true a few of the ideas the Dragons have backed such as rega rega sauce the majority of deals which they appear to accept on TV simply do not go through for a variety of reasons.
The main task of the program is to entertain viewers and get the Dragons good coverage and has little to do with backing good ideas.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Gus
@journeys radio2 mentioned she runs a pallet firm, which if you move anything you need them

@gus, thanks, Yes Pallex, thought she was somehow connected with Eddie Stobart, got my logistic companies confused
edit:-  correction she is a major shareholder in Eddie Stobart Distribution.
Steve
Pro

Quote from: gleneagles
The main task of the program is to entertain viewers and get the Dragons good coverage and has little to do with backing good ideas.
With all due respect I find that hard to swallow, They don't need " Coverage " do they? they have already made their millions. Or Is It greed that makes them want more and more? Or are they really trying to help those with amazing business Ideas?
Community Veteran

She certainly is self made having started from nothing and now controlling a business worth £100M.  She also mentioned on the programme that she had other business interests.
She gave some interesting and sensible advice.
Hilary Devey
Interview